To My Friends, Thank You

To My Friends, Thank You

You always stick by me and never fail to make me laugh.

125
To My Friends, Thank You
Suzanne Quinn

I've always known I have great friends. This year in particular though, I've been so appreciative for every one of them.

Last semester, one of my friends and I were struggling. Throughout this though, another friend of mine was there for me to rant to and bounce things off. He really helped me get through that time.

Once my friend and I got through our struggle, she and I became a lot closer too. She listened to me while I grieved my uncle, and while I panicked over the MCAT. I helped her through staying calm before the DAT. This semester, she has been such a blessing, as I try and figure out how to talk to boys, and as I try and decide what I'm doing after graduation - not only in my gap year, but in the years after.

Over the summer, I really noticed how lucky I am to have my friends. The girls in the cover photo were amazing. We watched the Tony's together, and they listened as I tried to figure my way through breaking up with someone. They were compassionate, but honest, and made sure I was okay. They also did not judge me for singing along to the songs during the show, as they knew many of the words as well.

The girl on the right, Jill, is someone I am eternally grateful for. Not only has she been by my side since we were 15 or 16, but she has stuck with me through the hard times. She has been brutally honest with me, while remaining compassionate and loving. She drove me home after the breakup this summer, and we ordered pizza and watched "Ladybird" together. We went to see "Waitress" at the Cadillac Theatre in Chicago just a few days later, and she asked how I was holding up, but also didn't push me to talk about anything I didn't want to.

She is a rockstar.

I have made so many friends this semester from being more involved in Campus Ministry, and they are some of the kindest people I've ever met. They accepted me and my weirdness immediately, and I get so excited anytime we run into each other. They often make my day better by just saying hello to me on the way to class.

As Thanksgiving approaches, I'm reflecting on everything I have to be grateful for, and my friends are right up there. I'm so lucky to have found such amazing people, who support me and care about me.

I don't say thank you enough to them, so thank you, my friends. You are appreciated so much more than you know.