Summer Playlist: 2020​

Summer Playlist: 2020​

A go-to bundle of toons that I am listening to, perfect for a road trip or a random dance.

21

Music speaks to me, sometimes even more so than writing. I think that my taste of music is constantly evolving, and is very versatile. Here's some of the "mainstream" tunes on my playlist right now:

"Rain on Me" by Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande

I mean considering they are like, they are like reigning Queens of Pop...

"Daisies" by Katy Perry

Witness didn't really stack up for me. Her droplet era really brought out some of her best songs since Prism, including Never Really Over. Daisies, being the first single from her upcoming studio album, has an empowering message.

"No Judgement" by Niall Horan

I wasn't always the biggest fan of Niall. The lyrics of this song, however, has a message of being our own self and not worrying what others think of you.

"Never Have I Ever" by Danielle Bradbery

"Never Have I Ever" perfectly describes what it is like to meet someone else, and not a feel the same way you ever felt before. It's another message of difference and change.

"Tonight" by Kesha

This one is about having the best night of our life...which is something that I think we all need to experience right now.

"I Dare You" by Kelly Clarkson

It actually only took Kelly four days to both record this song...and include four other languages. Let's talk about talent.

"Hold You Tonight" by Gryffin & Chris Lane

Gryffin is an artist, whom in my opinion, has a history of belting out plenty of catchy tunes. This one is no different.

"Believe" by Meek Mill ft. Justin Timberlake

"Believe" is seven years old this year...but that is still not stopping me from listening. This one is once again a motivational song that is surely needed in times like these.

"Song About You" by Sam Grow

This song was crafted to describe the roller coaster of emotions one feels in a relationship. I wasn't relating it to a relationship in that sense...it was more of a friendship. But you get the message.

"I Love You's" by Hailee Steinfeld

Hailee Steinfeld makes it clear with this song where you priorities should be: yourself.

"Comeback" by Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Bleachers

She popped up into my Youtube suggestions one morning and I've loved it since. Who doesn't like a good comeback.

"Nobody But You" by Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani

I may not be in love right now, but it's nice to know I will have a song to listen to when it does happen.

"Half Light II (No Celebration) by Arcade Fire

This song is about growing up...and realizing everything happening right around you. Not only can I relate to the message, but I also believe that this song has to be played at the end of a really good movie.

"All To Myself" by Dan + Shay

A perfect song to describe how selfish you become when someone gets close to you, and not wanting to let go.

"RITMO (Bad Boys For Life" by Black Eyed Peas & J Balvin

This song just makes you want to dance. I'm opening my mind to other forms of music, even in other languages. This song is popping right now.