As this summer comes to an end I decided to go through the songs that I've had on repeat during my long car rides to the beach, my commutes to work, and at get-togethers with my friends. My selections for this summer playlist vary from upbeat pop songs, to soft and hard rap, and to chill alternative music. These songs encapsulate almost any mood, and have been the soundtrack to my summer months. I definitely recommend listening more to some of the lesser-known artists like Khai Dreams and Ali Gatie. Both "Ultimately" and "It's You" are soft love songs, perfect for a sleepy ride home, and these artists' lyrics will resonate with you no matter who you are. "Summertime in Paris" is my favorite song from Jaden's new album, and features the angelic voice of his sister, Willow Smith, who recently released an album of her own. It's hard to not want to dance to EARFQUAKE from Tyler, The Creator's new album IGOR, and this song was even better live when I had the chance to see Tyler perform at Gov Ball in July.
Playlist for your summer
1. Summertime in Paris from Jaden's new album, ERYS
2. Ultimately by Khai Dreams
3. Boyfriend by Ariana Grande and Social House
4. Goodbye by Post Malone and Young Thug
5. Ransom by Lil Tecca
6. Panini from Lil Nas's EP 7
7. EARFQUAKE from Tyler, The Creator's album IGOR
8. Energy by BURNS, A$AP Rocky and Sabrina Claudio
9. It's You by Ali Gatie
10. Hate Me by Ellie Goulding and Juice Wrld
I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do and that they offer entertainment for your remaining weeks of summer before we all return to the stress of school and reach the end of beach days, lazy mornings and warm weather.