A Music Lover's Recommendations

A Music Lover's Recommendations

You can never know too much music

125
A Music Lover's Recommendations

"Music is to the soul what words are to the mind."

- Modest Mouse- Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Music is always there. And I can never get enough of it. If you agree with me, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite music finds. All you have to do is read and give them a listen.

For when I'm in a chill mood...

My favorite artists to listen to are Kodaline, The Neighbourhood, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Glass Animals, The 1975, and Oh Wonder.

Kodaline's songs are really slow, but some of their lyrics are some of the best I ever heard. My favorite songs by them are All I Want, All Comes Down, Unclear and What It Is. Kodaline's lyrics are powerful nd will make you question everything. Their songs are also nice to listen to when you're in one of those moods.

Favorite lyric: "In a world that changes every day, it's easy to get lost along the way" (What It Is).

The Neighbourhood has such chill vibes. Their songs combine elements of R&B, rock, pop and hip-hop into songs that sound nothing like anything else. My favorite songs are Afraid, Flawless, Let it Go, West Coast, How, Daddy Issues, and The Beach. If you're looking for psychedelic beats and good vibes, I highly suggest The Neighbourhood.

Favorite lyric: "If the sun was God, I'd be covered in faith. If the ocean was the devil, I'd be covered in hate" (West Coast).

No one hasn't heard of Coldplay, and it's for good reason. Some of my favorites are the classics- Fix You, The Scientist. And I also love Fun, Hymn for the Weekend and Army of One on their album, A Head Full of Dreams.

Favorite lyric: "Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones" ( Fix You).

If the only songs you know by Ed Sheeran are Sing, Thinking Out Loud, Don't, and The A Team, then you're doing everything wrong. His music is so lyrically powerful and beautiful, and he has such raw talent. I will never get sick of his music. Some of my favorites: Drunk, Give me Love, Photograph, Tenerife Sea and Bloodstream.

Favorite lyric: "All of the voices surrounding us here, they just fade out when you take a breath" (Tenerife Sea).

Glass Animals is another one of my favorites. Their sound is Indie/Alternative and is like nothing else. My favorite songs: Youth, Gooey, Life Itself, Pork Soda and Cane Shuga.

Favorite lyric: "Pineapples are in my head. Got nobody 'cause I'm brain dead" (Pork Soda).

I'm sure you've heard of The 1975. This British band combines every theme in their lyrics from love, to sex to fear with their alternative/indie rock vibes. Their pop-inspired yet '80's inspired sounds are truly unique. Some of my all-time favorites by them: Chocolate, The City, M.O.N.E.Y., Settle Down, Sex, Robbers, Love Me, You and Somebody Else.

Favorite lyric: "Fuck that, get money" (Somebody Else).

Finally, one of my favorite artists of all time to listen to when I'm in the chill mood: Oh Wonder. Oh Wonder's music is some of the best I've ever heard. This duo combines powerful lyrics with interesting sounds. Some of my favorites include, Dazzle, All We Do, Technicolour Beat, Body Gold, and Livewire.

Favorite lyric: "You got diamonds in your eyes tonight. Throwing fire trying to make it right" (Dazzle).

If you're an R&B lover...

My favorite R&B artists are The Weeknd and Blackbear. I'm telling you, Blackbear is so underrated, he is actually one of my favorite artists of all time.

My favorite songs by The Weeknd are new and old. I recommend Wicked Games, High for This, Losers, Shameless, Adaptation, Party Monster, I Feel it Coming, Six Feet Under and Secrets.

Favorite lyric: "When the sun goes up, you're searching for a love, so your heart won't lead you to anyone. When the sun goes down, I know what you become, you become awake, unlike the rest of us"
(Adaptation).

Blackbear is incredible and I highly recommend. I love basically every one of his songs, but some of my favorites include, Waste Away (feat. Devon Baldwin), Deadroses, Sniffing Vicodin in Paris, My Bad Luv, Something Real, Suckerz and Obvious (feat. Mike Posner).

Favorite lyric: "I won't waste a day 'less I'm wasting my days with you."
( Waste Away)

My favorite "pump up" music...

We all need that perfect workout playlist. Some of my favorite artists to listen to working out are Flume, Purity Ring, and Hoodie Allen. Flume andPurity Ring are electronic artists, while Hoodie Allen is a hip-hop/rap artist.

But overall, I listen to lots of random songs.

Some of my favorite songs to listen to while working out are, Cool by Tove Lo, Alarm by Anne-Marie, All Time Low by Jon Bellion, Fantasy by Alina Baraz & Galimatias, Electric Love by BORNS, Hurt Me by Lapsley, Ocean Eyes by Billie Ellish (Blackbear Remix), Kings of Summer by ayokay, New York City by The Chainsmokers, My Body by Young the Giant, Freedom by Enyo & Mario Ayuda, Closer by Kings of Leon, and Willing & Able by Disclosure.

My favorite songs to listen to by Flume when I'm working out: Never Be Like You (feat. Kai), Say It (feat. Tove Lo), and Sleepless (feat. Jezzabell Doran).

Some of my favorite Purity Ring songs: Bodyache, Push Pull, Repetition, Begin Again and Sea Castle.

Not all Hoodie Allen songs are "pump up" songs, but some are: Won't Mind (feat. MAX), Act My Age, Show Me What You're Made Of. And besides listening to him when I work out, he is one of my favorite artists to listen to whenever. I highly recommend listening to No Faith in Brooklyn, Eighteen Cool, No Interruption, People Keep Talking, All About It (feat. Ed Sheeran), and Against Me (feat. MAX).

Favorite lyric: "Middle finger to the dudes back in high school. 'Cause you peaked at 18 cool." (Eighteen Cool)

Overall, I love music.

And hopefully, after listening to a few of these recommendations, you'll love music too.