10 Songs To Keep You Sane Studying In The Library From 10 P.M. And Later

We all need something to get us through hours on end in the library.

227
nazareth_college / Flickr

Everyone knows that some of the absolute worst college memories come from locking oneself in the library or study lounge, for hours on end, staring blankly at computers and notebooks and studying.

However, something that I have become accustomed to on campus is the influence of music when people are studying and walking around campus.

At the recommendation of my sister and myself, here are some of the top tunes when it comes to decompressing and finding a little escape from the craziness of studying and schoolwork.

1. "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys

Ah, a little classic to start you off, right? Nothing like Alicia Keys to get you to escape schoolwork or, heck, even keep you focused. "If I Ain't Got You [Schoolwork], then nothin' in this whole wide world won't even mean a thing." Yeah, I think that attests to the common saying of "pain is temporary, GPA is forever."

2. "Apologize" by Timbaland ft. OneRepublic

Whether your apologizing for putting all of your work off until the last minute or saying "I'm sorry" to your friend for suffering alongside you, "Apologize" is sure to hit you right in your feels. Although it may not keep you motivated, you will find ways to relate your schoolwork to the lyrics and, again, escape the reality of all of the work that you are drowning in for just a few minutes.

3. "Keep You Dry" by Juke Ross

This song will make you smile and think of the people that make you happy. It's a great distraction from schoolwork and also a way to keep you focused and motivated. "Keep You Dry" is sure to bring you closer to those who you are missing a little extra and wish you could be spending time with instead of doing work.

4. "Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie" by Arlissa & Jonas Blue

A song that many of you may not have ever heard of, but definitely one worth listening to. It's an upbeat, fun, happy tune that will keep you focused and in the spirit of studying. Although most people want to listen to subtle tunes, sometimes it's nice to put on something a little more upbeat and get your head bumping not only to the lyrics but to the work that you are doing, as well. Reminds me of people at the gym, who, mid-workout, start bumping their anthem!

5. "Sail" by AWOLNATION

Oh yes, definitely a song we've all heard of but certainly forgot about. The intense, loud beat with the occasional "sail" within it is sure to keep you focused, yet excited at the thought that your work is soon to be done and then you can go back to your leisurely everyday activities.

6. "Where is the Love" by The Black Eyed Peas

One of my all-time favorite songs happens to be one that I can listen to while on a long drive, in the gym, relaxing in bed before I go to sleep, and even studying. "Where is the Love" is sure to remind you of what really matters in life, what should be most important to you, even when you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders and that you have nothing left to give.

7. "Skinny Love" by Birdy

Something a little slower for those of us whose schoolwork revolves heavily around reading and writing. "Skinny Love" is sure to keep you in the focused, yet relaxed mood that you need to have in order for ideas to flow through your brain and into eloquent sentences, (or even to keep you concentrated on that super long, thorough reading that you don't seem to want to do.)

8. "If I Were A Boy" by Beyoncé

There are a few artists that are CRUCIAL to listen to when you are studying, and Beyoncé takes priority on that list. Queen B will remind you to keep slaying on all of that schoolwork that seems to be drowning you in your sorrows right now, but she'll also remind you that you will be done with it before you know it!

9. "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith

Hands down my favorite artist of all time, and yet another artist that is vital to your studying success. Sam Smith's classic "Stay With Me" is sure to get you feeling like the best in all that you do. And, just as some of the others have, it will remind you of some of those who are closest to you, both in the past and in the present, that surely have really shaped who you are today.

10. "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts

Last but certainly not least, an anthem of all anthems, the classic "Life is a Highway." Although the pain of your schoolwork is certainly taking away from the fact that there is so much besides school that you have, "Life is a Highway" is sure to remind you that the pain you are enduring shall end and you can always keep moving forward.

Well, there ya have it, folks. Some of the above may be classics that we have all heard of, and some that I have recently discovered, but I am certain that these will be of use to any college student suffering from the pains of exam season. Best of luck out there in all of your studies, everyone!