Movies That Will Make You Miss Football Season

For all you non-baseball fans!

26
psdcovers.com

Do you miss football season? If so, watch these movies to make you feel better.

1. "The Blind Side" (2009).

Based on a true story of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy who take in a homeless teen, Michael "Big Mike" Oher. Leigh Anne takes charge to make sure Oher gets the best education and a tutor in order for him to succeed and eventually get a NCAA Division I football scholarship.

2. "The Waterboy" (1998).

A waterboy for a college football team discovers that he has a unique tackling ability, and becomes a member of the team. Soon he becomes the best linebacker in college football.

3. "Concussion" (2015).

A true story of an American immigrant Dr. Bennet Omalu, a brilliant forensic neuropathologist. Dr. Omalu made the first discovery of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a football related brain trauma caused by repeated concussions. Dr. Omalu battles it out with the National Football League to reveal the truth of professional football injuries to the public.

4. "Jerry Maguire" (1996).

Jerry Maguire, a successful sports agent, begins to have doubts about his purpose in life. He voices his doubts, gets fired and loses all of his clients. He goes on to be an independent agent with the only athlete that will stay with him.

5. "We Are Marshall" (2006).

Based on a true story. In November of 1970, the Marshall University football team and some fans' lives were taken in a plane crash on the way to an away game. The team's new coach and some of the surviving players try to keep the football program alive.

6. "Draft Day" (2014).

It's draft day in the NFL and general manager Sonny Weaver of the Cleveland Browns has a big decision to make. He has the opportunity to rebuild his team when he trades for the No.1 pick. He must decide what he is willing to sacrifice on draft day.

7. "Invincible" (2006).

Based on the true story of Vince Papale, a 30-year-old bartender from South Philadelphia. When the new Philadelphia Eagles coach, Dick Vermeil, decides to have open try-outs, Papale reluctantly decides to try-out.

8. "Remember the Titans" (2000).

The true story of a newly appointed African American head coach and his high school team on their first season as a racially integrated unit.

9. "Friday Night Lights" (2004).

A coach leads his high school football team to the 1988 Texas state semi finals in the city of Odessa. High school football is king, and the team of the Permian Panthers has a winning tradition to uphold with high expectations.

10. "Rudy" (1993).

Rudy was always told that he was too small to play college football. He is determined to fulfill his dream of playing for Notre Dame.