Mother's Day Is Not Just A One Day Celebration

They deserve thanks more than once a year.

6438
The Mirror

Every year we celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday of May. We may treat our mom to a nice dinner, get her flowers, or even a nice card. If we're super broke, which many of us can identify with, we may just give them a really nice, long hug and thank them for bringing us into this world. We do whatever we can on this day to show how much we appreciate and love them.

But I think it's important to acknowledge and thank our mother for everything that they do, everyday. Their job is a 24/7 gig, and one that they don't get paid for. They raise us with unconditional love and make sacrifices for us each and every day. They don't do it for an accolade or recognition; they do it for you.

So remember not to limit thanking your mother to a day, because what they do for you is everyday. Even though they don't do it for praise, it doesn't hurt to convey that understanding and appreciation you have for all that they do. Our mother is part of the reason why we are who we are today.

Even bigger kudos to all the single moms out there. It is some serious dedication and love that puts food on the table everyday for their child and giving them the best education and home-life they believe their child deserves and what they as a parent can afford without drowning in bills.

It's a hard world out there, and your mom is just mama bear trying to keep her cub safe for as long as she can. A mom's job doesn't end when you turn eighteen. It's a lifetime commitment. You could be fifty years old, but your mom is still going to see you as her baby. It's that type of commitment that I believe should be acknowledged and honored on more occurrences than just once a year.

So mom, thank you for everything. Thank you for providing me with the best education you could afford for me. Thank you for putting a roof over my head every night and providing food on the table. Thank you for supporting me in whatever it is I decide. Thank you for telling me when I'm wrong, though I may argue with you about it time and time again. Thank you for taking me on lunch dates just because you want to spend time for me.

Thank you for taking an interest in my life, and ensuring that I was raised well. Everyday you show me that you care through your love and actions and that's all that a child can ask for. Thank you for being the greatest, and making me proud to call you my mom. As a very grateful daughter, I just want to say that I love you. I know children aren't easy and you're doing the best you can; and that's perfect.