I Rated The Most Sexist Comments I've Received In The Past Month And, Folks, Misogyny Is Alive And Real

Misogyny isn't dead, and if you think it is, you're about to be disappointed.

3599

I'm not one to talk about personal issues, like the first-hand misogyny I experience as a woman, usually because it makes close family and friends uncomfortable. However, I have recently become exhausted with the number of comments I get, so I decided to rate all the ones I received in the past month to prove that misogyny is alive and real.

1. "God has blessed me today." 10/10

I went on a trip to Louisiana, and although fun, it does require a thick skin if you want to get around the city. Although there are never any "good comments" from catcallers, it still wasn't the grossest thing that has been said to me and it was kind of sweet... I'm glad he felt blessed by my presence. For that reason, this person gets a solid 10/10.

2. "I want to kiss whatever is underneath that mask." -4/10

The purpose of masks is to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Personally, I've liked the ability to sneak around without detection, pretending I'm a ninja on a mission. My favorite about these masks is not having to smile or be told, "You'd look prettier if you'd smile." I was hoping I'd be relieved from misogyny for a while with the mask rules, but just like the pandemic curve, I was wrong.

3. "You'd be cuter if you talked less." -300/10​

This happened after a presentation required for my class, which I ended up getting an A on. You'd think being a Public Relations major at a school with a 1:5 female ratio would prevent this from happening...

4. "F*** you, b****es, just take them!" 2/10

This was said as he threw a bundle of flowers at me and my roommate. It was rude and unnecessary, but at least I got free flowers out of it.

5. *Whistle* 5/10

This is the basic b**** of catcalling. Definitely unwarranted and not very creative, but at least he didn't actually say anything.

6. "Come sit on Papa's lap." -3049/10

No. I don't have enough daddy issues to deal with this.

7. *Rolls window down and blasts "Careless Whisper" from car* 12/10

This one was a little creepy, however, I freaking LOVE "Careless Whisper" with a burning passion.