My Mom Is My Best Friend And That Is More Than OK

Thank you for being the Lorelai to my Rory.

378
Boston Public- The Past Cast
“My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn’t do whatever I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be I don’t know if she ever realized that the person I wanted to be was her.” -Rory Gilmore

Mom,

Words cannot describe how I feel to have you not only as my mom but also as my best friend. Many people can see this as a bad thing or that it means that your mom is your only friend, but that is far from the truth.

Having your mom as your best friend means that even in the hardest of times, family or friend related, she will always be there for you to have your back.

If something were to go wrong with your family, who better to go to than your mom? Your mom is one of the few people who knows all your family’s crazy quirks as well as you do. She will be the first one to stand up for you and defend you like no other. She is your bloodline; who you got your hair, eyes, smile, and all your ravishing looks from.

If something were to go wrong with your friends, who better to go to than your mom? The best part of this is that she is not in your friend group, so she will never side with someone else. She will always be on your side, even when you are wrong. She will tell you when you are wrong, but still, defend you until the end of time. She will be able to see through friends before you can, so when she tells you who is not good for you always listen to her.

Without my mom, I would be nothing. She is not only my best friend but my real life guardian angel. Thank you for always doing what is best for me and putting me before you. Now that I am older I am without a doubt proud to call you not only my mom but also my best friend. I may have seemed unappreciative growing up, but truthfully I just did not appreciate you enough. Thank you for all the times and years I never did.

From the time I was very little I always knew my mom was my best friend. She was there when no one else was. She believed in me when no one else did. She loved me when I felt unlovable. She hugged me as I cried. She cheered me on through life. She is my #1 fan and my biggest supporter. She took on every role in my life I ever needed. It was and always will be my mom and me against the world-- watch out because we are unstoppable.

If I am ever on the phone it is safe to assume my mom is on the other end. My mom is always the first person I call in the morning and the last person I call at night. This means chances are my mom knows all about you. Even if you have never met her she probably feels like she knows you from stories told and pictures showed. She knows all there is to know about my life and I would not want it any other way.

My mom holds the key to my heart. No one will ever know, love, appreciate or care for me as much as my mom does.

All that I am and all that I ever will be is because of my mother.