Why Aren't Millennials Getting Married And Having Kids?

Stop Criticizing Millennials For Not Wanting Marriage Or Kids And Blame The World That's Falling Apart Around Us

It's for the better.

81

In past generations, it was normal, and even important, to get married at an appropriate age and have kids before turning 40. However, these days, things are very different.

Not only are more people hooking up rather than pursuing a serious romantic relationship, but people are also realizing that in this day and age, marriage and children are unethical concepts.

About 50% of marriages now end in divorce, so it's no wonder millennials are pushing it back and terminating the thought entirely.

No one wants to get married and have the possibility of divorce, especially when it could easily be prevented.

Of course, there are still many people who pursue romantic relationships today, but these individuals in serious relationships oftentimes don't even consider getting married.

Many young adults believe marriage is truly just a legal piece of paper, and it's possible to have a marriage-like relationship without the state laws getting involved.

In addition to marriage heading out the door, having children is becoming a huge afterthought.

The world is changing into a scary place, and bringing kids into it would only be a disaster.

With the number of mass shootings happening all over the world, no one can stand the thought of putting their future children in those kinds of situations.

This isn't the only reason for millennials deciding that having kids is a bad idea. To put it simply, our earth is dying.

By 2045 (less than 26 years from now), our earth will be doomed.

If millennials have children in this time period, or even in a few years, there's a large chance they won't live until old age.

In fact, there's a large chance millennials now won't even live until old age.

So, really, it's not that young adults hate children or despise the thought of having them, but that it's truly not an ethical decision for the children involved.

It's sad that the world has turned out this way, but the fact of the matter is this is what it is.

Maybe if our society and world changes in the next few years, things will be different.

Maybe if we start taking better care of the planet we live on, things will be different.

But until then, millennials are making decisions based on the betterment of society, and they shouldn't get criticized for that.

Instead, we should praise them for thinking ahead.

When the world turns upside down, individuals are forced to make hard decisions, and these are a few of them.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.