How Millennials Are Changing American Ideals
Politics

It's Time To Stop Following The Same American Ideals That Have Been In Place Since Forever

We live in a time where anything pretty much goes so, why do we still live our lives striving towards the same thing?

143
Girl Laying On Beach
Brooke Stiles

We now live in a world where anyone can be who they want to be.

Gay, straight, transgender, pansexual, you name it and you can be it.

Bigger lips, bluer eyes, blonder hair, flatter stomach you can have it (of course, if you can afford it).

There is clearly still slander towards to the different communities of people but for the most part, we can be who we want to be and be with who we want to be with freely, proudly, and legally.

Ask yourself for a moment what your ideal life would be like in 10-15 years.

I'd bet it included something along the lines of a spouse, a kid or two, and the house you've always dreamt of decorating since you were a young teen.

Why is it that our ideals are still the same as the 1920s yet our society has changed immensely to accept the ever-evolving people that inhabit our country?

Why does it have to be so "normal" to get married, have kids, and work for the rest of your life to support the family you created?

There is so much more to life than just finding the "love of your life" and recreating with them.

There are many more things you can do with the money you've worked hard to earn than to spend every dime on the children you gave life to.

And I'm not saying don't get married and have kids I'm just saying stop following the same American ideals that have been in place since forever.

Don't put pressure on yourself to find "the one" and have children just because all of your colleagues around you are doing it or your parents are nagging you that it's about time for a grandbaby.

Go see the world.

Get out of your comfort zone.

Do something you've never done before.

Take up a new hobby.

Join some type of organization.

Do something for the community.

But most importantly, get to know yourself.

Spend so much time with yourself that no one nor anything can break the love you have for yourself.

Then, if what you truly want is to get married and have kids let it come naturally.

Be patient and understanding.

Life is too short to rush it just to get married and have kids.

Everything will work out in the end but don't neglect the in-betweens to get there.