thoughts everyone has as summer begins to come to an end

8 thoughts you are definitely having as summer comes to an end

"I don't want this summer to end."

138

As summer trucks along, it has either been flying by, creeping by slowly but surely or moving at some speed in between. Either way, as the end of summer approaches there are tons of thoughts and reflections to be considered about the time that has passed and what is to come.

1. "Literally what have I done all summer?"

This one is a pretty common thought. Sometimes, it feels like summer began just yesterday and there is so much that could've been accomplished that probably wasn't due to binge watching every show that has every existed, ever.

2. "Where did all of my money go?"

media.giphy.com

Even though it may feel like you've been doing more of not doing anything than actually doing something, doing something probably costs a lot more than you think.

3. "I'm so excited to go back to school."

Whether being excited to go back to school means being thrilled about starting new classes, coming closer to graduating, the start of football season, seeing all of your friends, having your independence again, and so much more, there is so much to look forward to with school starting right around the corner.

4. "But wait going back to school means endless hours of studying."

If you're like me, you probably have a love/hate relationship with studying. Once I start, I get into a groove, but it takes quite a lot of motivation to get there, motivation that hasn't been needed for 3 months of the summer.

5. "Ugh going back to school means I'm that much closer to the real world."

Personally, as excited as I am to grow up, I love college with a passion. They say that college is the best 4 years of your life and summer is the time when you get to pause growing up and take advantage of your time off in so many different ways.

6. "I meant to text you but lost track of time."

Leaving school, you probably say "omg we have to hang out this summer" to more people than you can count. From a young age, I learned that making the effort to actually see 100 people over the summer is a lot more difficult than it seems. Everyone goes their separate ways over the summer and that's totally ok. Just think of all of the stories you'll have to share when you finally reunite.

7. "I wonder if I changed this summer."

Whether your goal was to better yourself in any way this summer, or do something worthy of talking about; re-evaluating what you've actually done this summer, and remembering that there is still time for you to accomplish any of your goals, the middle of the summer is the perfect time to start checking things off of your summer bucket-list.

8. "I don't want this to end."

Summer break is one of the most refreshing times of year, even if you have responsibilities, there's still something about summer that is so relaxing, it's difficult to accept that it's coming to an end so make the most out of the time you have left... enjoy the little things.