Yes, It's 100% Possible To Meet Your Future Hubby On Insta Or Tinder

Just don't let it become your only method of finding connections.

77
Adrian Sava

Recently, I've been reading some instances of people having their doubts about dating apps. Which is all fine and dandy, but there are instances of social media uniting two people.

So, what's the deal here? What exactly is social media's role in the grand scheme of finding a boo?

Alright folks, you better be sitting down for this one, because I'm about to tell you something that's going to blow your mind.

Yes, it's possible to find your next significant other on social media apps like Tinder and Instagram.

Don't bother fixing your socks, because I'm about to knock them off again:

You can use social media to meet your next significant other, but it cannot be the only way you're expecting to find him or her.

Think of traditional ways that people go out to meet other people. When you go out to a bar, a club, or even your local Starbucks, you're going to have the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people from many different backgrounds. Whether or not you want to make a connection with any of these people is up to you. But, the potential for a future relationship is there.

Social media isn't better or worse than any of these places, it's just different. It's a different way of making connections and forming friendships with people. Sometimes these relationships happen to bloom into romances. It all depends on the person and his or her situation.

I have two friends who met each other through Tinder. They met up with each other for a hookup, and they kept in touch. After a few dates, they decided they liked each other and wanted to make it official. They've been dating for a year and a half now, and they're one of the sweetest couples I know.

The craziest part is that they never would've met if they didn't swipe right on each other's profile. They both go to UCF, but they didn't have any classes with each other nor any mutual friends. They met completely by sheer coincidence on the app. Their chances of meeting were just as random as two people who met in a bar, club, or local Starbucks.

Social media can open a new wave of opportunities to find your future significant other, (5) and can even help you stay connected in the times that you're apart. It's an amazing tool when used correctly.

That being said, social media shouldn't be your only way of searching for a significant other. It's perfectly fine to meet new people on apps, but nothing beats the one-on-one connections that come with meeting someone face-to-face.

Balancing the world of social media and real life is the key.

Instagram and Tinder should be tools to help you connect with people; they shouldn't be your only method. Social media is a tool to help pave the way for that one-on-one connection.

And hey, if social media isn't working out for you, that's totally ok. If the window that's open isn't attracting anyone worthwhile, it's perfectly fine to close it.

Just don't knock other people for keeping it open. Swiping right might just connect them with the person of his or her dreams.

It's all about finding the balance that's right for you. Happy swiping and sliding!

PSA: If you're meeting up with a Tinder or Instagram date in real life, please be careful. Agree to meet your match in a public place, give your friends your location, and check in with them often. If something feels off to you, don't be afraid to leave. Trust your gut. Now go get'em, tiger.