I Will Never Try Online Dating Ever Again

I Learned That I'm Not A Bumble Or Tinder Girl Because I Still Crave Those 'Meet-Cute' Moments

I do not want a texting type of relationship.

88
https://unsplash.com/photos/xezXEh_fIeU
Youtube

Things about our society today are changing drastically and a big part of that is the improvement of technology and social media.

With the advancements in technology, people are becoming more and more anti-social and it is getting more difficult to meet people worth spending your time with. This has made dating extremely difficult.

I am the type of girl who likes to do things old school, especially when it comes to dating.

In a previous article, I have written: "I Refuse To Meet My Future Husband Online." Which explains why online dating is not for me.

I got to a point in my dating life where I was so fed up with the way I was being treated by the male gender and sick of getting my heart broken by guys with poor intentions, that I decided to go against everything that I believe in and join an online dating app and I decided to use Bumble.

I thought that there had to be at least some good guys out there who will treat me like I deserve to be treated.

Dating is very difficult and takes a lot of time and effort and takes a lot of strength emotionally. I think that is something that everyone can agree on.

It takes hundreds of swipes on these dating apps to find even one person that you think that you could have a connection with. Once you do find someone that you are interested in and you are lucky enough to have a good conversation with them, they usually end up ghosting you within a few days.

All that I have experienced while being on this app is that you will probably get your hopes up.

I am the type of girl who wants to meet my husband in person. I want to have a cute story to tell my children and my grandchildren the crazy cute way that their father and I met. I do not want the answer to be "Oh we met online" YAWN!

I want the type of connection that when you see someone, you are instantly attracted to them and curious to know more about them.

I guess you could stay that the little girl in me is still craving her fairy tale moments.

We get so caught up in what the rest of society is doing and what other people expect of us, that we start to go along with it.

Just because everyone else is downloading dating apps, does not mean that you have to.

Your prince will come at the right time. Do not lose hope and trust that God has a plan for you and will bring you your knight in shining armor at the right time.