6 Reaosns Why Matcha Is Better Than Coffee

Matcha tea dates back to the Shogun clan ruled China. That is nearly one thousand years ago! To think matcha tea has been around that long, but America is just now hopping on the matcha trend is crazy. Personally, I love matcha. It has such an earthy taste that I just know it is doing good things for my body. Matcha is a type of green tea, but instead of coming in a tea bag as leaves, it comes as a powder. It is an art to make matcha. You have to whisk it up with a small amount of hot or cold water, and then you add the rest of the water and milk. I have been drinking matcha for probably two years now because I needed some kind of energy booster that was not coffee. I hate the way coffee makes me feel.

1. Matcha containes L-theanine

green tea thailand GIF Giphy

L-theanine helps caffeine to be processed differently in the body. This allows matcha to have the effect of giving you energy without making you feel jittery.

2. Matcha boosts your metabolism

cake mille GIF Giphy

3. Matcha contains high levels of antioxidants

green tea thailand GIF Giphy

4. Matcha has cancer fighting properties

Green Tea Food GIF Giphy

5. Matcha provides the body with more fiber and nutrients

green tea thailand GIF Giphy

6. No stinky coffee breath

conan obrien kissing GIF by Team Coco Giphy

Matcha facts obtained from https://epicmatcha.com/coffee-vs-matcha-benefits-disadvantages/#:~:text=Matcha%20contains%20L%2DTheanine%2C%20an,no%20crash%20at%20the%20end.