want to marry rich
relationships

I'm Not Spoiled But I Want To Marry Rich

Of course, I want to marry for love but being well-off wouldn't hurt too

412
https://unsplash.com/search/photos/wedding

No, I don't want to marry some old creepy Hugh Hefner look-alike. No, I don't want it to be a marriage of convenience or one that involves prenup. No, I'm not lazy with no career aspirations. But, yes, I do want to marry rich. I know it sounds bad, and your judgment of me has probably shifted since reading this article. I'm not as ridiculous as you all may think. Please let me explain myself first.

I want to live comfortably and not worry about money problems. I want to be able to take amazing extended vacations and explore the world. I want to give my future children the means to excel and go to college. So yes I want to marry rich. I mean it wouldn't hurt. I honestly don't think any of us could deny that marrying rich would probably have more ups than downs.

Struggle is just a part of life, whether it be physically, emotionally, or financially. I think that if I could take the financial struggle out of that equation, maybe life could be just a little easier. I'm sure that most you reading this, think that I'm a spoiled, entitled brat that doesn't understand a thing about the real world. That's where you're wrong. Money affects people. It decides careers, relationships, choices, and major life decisions.

Personally, I have no idea what I what to do with my life. Sometimes I want to go to law school, other times be a teacher, and just recently I wondered if I could still switch my major and maybe go to med school. The problem is time and money. Every time I just think I'm comfortable with what I want to do with my life, the idea of stability and financial burden pop into my head. It suddenly doesn't matter any more than I'd probably rather be a teacher than a lawyer. All I can think about are the things that I will have to give up and go without if I make that decision.

The more I desire that stability and excess of finances, the more I hope that maybe I'll just luck out and marry someone rich. I want it for the experiences, not the things. I want it for the security and not the title. I want it for my children and my parents, not to show off. I want to be able to give my kids stuff that I didn't have as a child. I want to give back to my parents for all the sacrifices they made and their dreams that fell short when they chose that raising me and my sister well was more important than the size of their house. I don't plan on having a multi-million dollar house with some many rooms that I never fill it. I don't want a bunch of expensive cars and useless designer toys. I don't want to go to obnoxious galas and pageants, and fancy dinners. I just want to ability. The ability to give back to the people who've helped me and the ability to enjoy life to the fullest.

I want to marry rich, because why not? If you find someone you love and they just so happen to have the wealth as well, then I don't see the problem. I'm not at all saying that I wouldn't marry someone if they weren't rich. I'm not saying I'm limiting my options to a man who only falls into that category. I'm saying it would be a nice bonus. Wouldn't it be nice to just live and not worry? I know I might not sound like much of a modern woman, wanting a man to take care of me. But hey, who says I can't be rich too?