Hey, Don't Forget To Make Time For Yourself

It's not selfish to take a few steps back and decompress occasionally.

68
pexels.com

You've been going nonstop and it seems like you never have a free second. Your mind is racing and constantly jumping back and forth between what you're doing, what you need to do, and what you plan to do in the immediate future. Look, I get it. Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily stress of our lives that we forget that we are even actually living.

It's rough out there. Between careers, school, family, and all the numerous other things we bog ourselves down with, it starts to feel like we are constantly bouncing back and forth without stopping, and if you're like me, it's pretty hard to admit to anyone that you're floundering a little and maybe need to take a step back.

I'm all too aware of the challenges taking on way too much at once brings, and the worst part of all of it is that you almost never feel like you really accomplished anything after completing any of it because you still feel like you have SO many other things to do. This burnout epidemic within our lives has become WAY to prevalent and NEEDS to end now.

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, take a moment right now to stop and breathe. Look around you and realize that you are here at this moment and it is beautiful.

Make more time for yourself often. Make time to sit and read your favorite book, or listen to your favorite music, or do some yoga and meditate, or cook, or paint, or whatever the heck you love to do. This life comes with a lot of different responsibilities and it's SO easy for us to forget that WE are important too! Your mental health matters! Take care of your mind, sis! Relax and do what makes ya happy just because you can!

Don't forget to step back, breathe, and make some time for yourself. Remember that this is your life. You still have a lot of time to work on yourself and make yourself the very best version you can be. It just takes a little time, and I promise it's not selfish.