Friendly Reminders: Take Time For Yourself And Take Care Of Yourself

Everyone needs some reminders now and then about the importance of both self-care and self-love.
62

Friendly reminders: Take time for yourself and take care of yourself. These two aspects of life should always be the most crucial, most important, and given the most dedication. Here are some sayings that may help you out of a rut, get you to think more about yourself, or simply serve as a friendly reminder.

"Self care should always come first, but don’t let this lead you to thinking that self-care is selfish." -Unknown

“Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness." -Deborah Day

“Self-care is how you take your power back.” -Lalah Delia

"Take time to do what makes your soul happy.” -Unknown

“When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” -Jean Shinoda Bolen

“Caring for your body, mind, and spirit is your greatest and grandest responsibility. It's about listening to the needs of your soul and then honoring them.” -Kristi Ling

“Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you.” -Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

“The love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.” -Bryant McGillns

“It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It's necessary.” -Mandy Hale

“One of the best ways you can fight discrimination is by taking good care of yourself. Your survival is not just important; it's an act of revolution.” -DaShanne Stokes

“With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” -Susan Weiss Berry

"Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people." -Tena Desae

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." -Paul Bryant

“Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” -Deborah Day

“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” -Anna Taylor

“Acknowledge, accept, and honor that you deserve your own deepest compassion and love.” -Nanette Mathews