Love Yourself

Love Yourself

And stop being so uncomfortable with the person you are

6
Love Yourself
Emily Carpenter

Learn to be comfortable with the person you are. Learn to love every part of yourself, even your flaws and what sets you apart from the rest- and what sets you apart from the rest is never a bad thing. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You have every right and reason to love yourself and my mother once told me that confidence is the most beautiful thing. To be so sure of yourself that you never let anyone else tear you down, is something so admirable. To walk through this world, knowing your value and worth, is something so commendable. I give you every ounce of respect I have if you've went from being insecure with the person you are to being comfortable in your own skin because the journey in between the two is not an easy one.

I would know.

Learning to be comfortable with yourself starts with one thing; realizing that you will never be perfect, coming to terms with that fact and accepting it but knowing that you are enough. You always have been. Once you have this mentality, from there on out is easy.

Wear clothing you were afraid to wear before, show off the scars and marks you were once afraid for anyone to see, show off your make-up free face, let your natural hair be frizzy all it wants, laugh as loud as you please without apologizing for it, stand up for yourself when others try and degrade you; stick up for the person you have become and don't let any negative comments bring you down.

And if you haven't heard this yet then let me be the one to tell you: you are beautiful, you deserve to be happy, you are enough, you will always be enough. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise does not deserve to be a part of your life. Please understand that.

Be comfortable with yourself and do it in such a fearless and bold way that no one will ever look at you the same. They will envy you for having achieved what they haven't and will try and shame you for doing so- for loving yourself. But falling in love with yourself is nothing to be ashamed of and being comfortable with the person you are is the loveliest thing in the world.