14 Different Ways You Can Love Yourself This Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and while you're trying to make plans, consider loving yourself.

16

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, many of us are scrambling to find something to do and make plans. We're all under the impression that we need a date in order to have a good time, but that couldn't be more wrong. So many different forms of love are in the air, but with a majority of us only seeing the romantic form of it, it's hard not to feel frustrated and upset with ourselves. We don't take the time we need to notice all the good things we have. Check out the 14 solutions to this situation below to have a great Valentine's Day with yourself and friends!

Make a list of things you love about yourself

In today's society, it's hard not to compare yourself to everyone else there who seems perfect in your eyes. Everyone does this and then tears themselves apart because of it. I promise you though, everything about you is perfect. Take a moment to take in what makes you great and then embrace it. Find that confidence you've always had!

Make a self-love vision board

Who doesn't love a good vision board? This is such a fun activity for you to do on Valentine's Day and you can throw a little twist on it too. You can still add all the usual vision board things while also maybe throwing in some of your accomplishments, encouragement, or photos of yourself. Every time you look at this, you'll remember all the great things you've done and how remarkable you are.

Treat yourself

This can happen in many ways, but each one is super fun! You can bake yourself some yummy desserts or since it is a commercial holiday (I'm personally not a huge fan of this) you can do a bit of shopping for yourself. It's always fun to buy a gift for yourself or have a treat for all the hard work you've been doing. Go ahead and celebrate how you've survived the daily rollercoaster of life.

Try staying off of social media

This one sort of ties in with #1. Social media can be fun, but it's also really toxic at times. Most of the time you're only seeing the positive and fun side of someone's life and never the negative or more relatable side. Everyone acts like their life is perfect and they have everything when most of the time this isn't the case at all. Sure, it's fun to post and update your friends, but the more you see "top-notch" models and unrealistic standards of a "cool" or "beautiful" person, it only tears you down and makes you wish you could change yourself. I love social media like any other person in the 21st century, but even I agree that a break from time to time does a world of wonders.

Dance like no one's watching

I'm a firm believer in the therapy of having a solo dance party or even including a friend or two in on the fun. Music is always a stress reliever (at least for me) and dancing is exercise so it's a win-win. Whether you're at home, living in a dorm, or somewhere else, stop what you're doing, turn on your favorite playlist and go at it. Just let loose, have fun, and don't care about all the people around you. The only thing that matters here is that you're happy and having fun.

Take a break from your to-do list

I love a good to-do list like anyone else, but at the same time, it's just a constant reminder of everything you have to do and don't really want to. It's ok to take at least one day out of the week to ignore it. You work so hard all the time and you deserve a breather. Take this opportunity to hang out with a friend and decompress or just head out and have some fun on your own.

Get writing

I cannot stress this enough: writing is therapy! A lot of people don't like writing because they just see it as work or another thing that they have to do for school or work, but I promise you, it's one way to get everything off your chest without any judgment. You can write creatively or just brain dump all of your thoughts. Whatever it is that you choose, writing can be fun if you make it that way and it's a great way to relax.

Make your own decisions

You have to make multiple decisions every day. So many people know that but how many of them make it for themselves? There are so many impatient people in this world and oftentimes if you don't decide something in their time frame, they'll decide for you. This year, find that confidence again and decide what you want to do. You'll feel so much better once you're not forced to do something.

Do all of your favorite things

Valentine's Day is often advertised for couples, but I promise the night can also be just for you too. Take the time to watch your favorite show, read a book, play some games, or even get your favorite food. If you're really feeling brave, you can go to a restaurant for that. Just think about it. How often do you really get to indulge in everything you like?

Accept compliments

Compliments can feel so amazing and empowering. However, so many people put their walls up when it comes to receiving them. They make us feel like we're special and valued in this world, so why not accept them? Maybe it's the what-ifs making you question if they were genuine compliments or not. It's so easy to wonder these things, but a lot of the time they are genuine. Make a new goal with yourself to tear down these compliment walls and accept some. While you're at it, give some back. You'll feel really good once you've done this.

Declutter anything with bad memories and celebrate it

As we go through life, we have so many different experiences and some of them aren't always that great. However, so many of us tend to hold onto so many items and memories that clutter both our minds and spaces. Since we're in a new year, taking the time to declutter these objects and memories from your life could be perfect would be the perfect way to start out and remove all negativity.

Try to relax after the hustle and bustle of everyday life

Life can be so hectic and fast-paced and may somehow make it feel so hard to unwind. So, instead of feeling like you have to go out and witness the mobs of people on Valentine's Day dates, take the opportunity to stay in and chill out for once. Put some calm music going, take a toasty bath or shower, and watch all of the shows! Valentine's Day will be your night and there are no rules. Just take a deep breath and let the madness go by.

Have a photoshoot

Photoshoots are a lot of fun and can be another way to boost your self-confidence. You can either do a solo photoshoot depending on plans, or you can reel all your friends in and have a time of it. You are beautiful inside and out so why not show it?

Hang out with friends

Friends seriously make the world go around. They're the people who know you best and hopefully know how to have fun. So, round up all of your friends and celebrate the relationship all of you have. Be goofballs, watch some movies, and work on those lasting bonds. Remember, Valentine's Day isn't just about romantic love. It's about loving yourself and everyone else in your life.