Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day, Focus On Loving Yourself And Not Just On Having A Man

Fall in love with taking care of yourself.

135

Valentine's Day. It's a holiday celebrating the love between two people, but what if we celebrated ourselves? What if we focused on loving ourselves more than we do trying to find someone else to love? I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do not need a man to make you feel important. If you go through life just looking for love without stopping to focus on yourself, you will go down a long winding road of self-doubt. You will feel as if you are not as pretty, or as smart, or as important as someone who has found their person.

Don't forget that you are far too important to lose yourself trying to find love!

The right person will come at the right time, so there is no need in going out of your way to find someone or to hold onto something that just isn't meant to be. Do not waste your time on someone who just isn't for you! For those of you in a relationship: if a man wants you to change who you are, he is not the man for you. If a man makes you feel like less of a person, he isn't the man for you. If you aren't being treated the way you should be treated, you need to jump ship right now. You need to set your standards and evaluate your worth, before letting some guy in to ruin all that. I'm not saying that relationships are a bad thing, they definitely can be one of the best things you will ever have. However, if it's not with the right person, you may end up losing who you really are.

The right man will love you for you, treat you how you should be treated and will stick through the hard times. There is no need in "finding" a man who will just bring you down! Trust me, you will be better off sticking it out through this holiday than spending it with someone you don't see a future with. If you don't see a future with someone, why have a relationship with them? Contrary to today's society, you date to marry. It's simple, you are dating someone you hope to marry someday. You wouldn't want to marry someone who made you feel less than you are, would you? Think about your future kids, would you want them to be in a relationship with someone where there was no future, no goals, or even no love?