Where Is The Love?

Where Is The Love?

Start respecting each other.
0

This election has torn this country to shreds. The United States has been on uneven ground for years, but the hate from these past few months has brought the U.S. to an all-time low.

We used to be the country that people flocked to because it was the place where freedom reigned and you could be anything and anyone that you dreamed. Recently, though, people are scared to speak their feelings due to the fact that they are going to get berated and criticized.

Now don't get me wrong, people still voice their opinions plenty, but it's all about hate and how much they abhor something. I see nothing positive when I get on social media and it's honestly sad.

What happened? We live in the best country in the world. We are able to wake up each day with a feeling of purpose. We can do anything we want and that is beautiful. This new President isn't going to make this country a dictatorship, as much as some people may think. Whether or not you were for Trump, life is going to go on. President Obama wasn't the one who a lot of people voted for, but yet here we are still alive and thriving. Isn't that just somethin'?

My point is to stop spreading so much hate and negative energy. Stop making this country fall into negativity that is already too prevalent. There is so much that this country stands for that we are not living up to. Not everyone is going to agree 100 percent with someone else, but we can agree to disagree and move on.

We are all God's creatures and we should respect one another for the sake of humanity. Nothing is going to change without us coming together instead of tearing each other apart. America is the land of the free and home of the brave. It is our home, people. Start acting like it.

If this article isn't enough for you to realize how to change, then the song "Where is the love?" by the Black Eyed Peas will hopefully resonate with you.

"Can you practice what you preach? Will you turn the other cheek?"

"People got me questioning, where is the love?"

"Where's the love y'all? I don't know."

"Father, Father, Father help us. Send some guidance from above."

"Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity."

Next time you think about putting someone down for their beliefs or opinions just take a deep breath and ask yourself this:

Is it worth it? Will I change anything or just make things worse?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.