A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend's Parents

When you are dating someone, things that are important to them become important to you as well. One of those things is their family. Families are a huge part of our lives, so it’s only natural that your significant other's family becomes a huge part of your life too. Even though his parents aren't technically your family, they do so much for you that they feel like family.

1. Thank You for Making Me Feel Like a Member of Your Family

No matter what we're doing, you all always make me feel so welcomed and comfortable. You both go out of your way to make sure I feel included with everyone. It feels like I'm with my own family.

2. Thank You for Letting Me Steal Your Son

I know that parents love spending time with their children (and children love spending time with their parents), but thank you for letting me steal your son away from you sometimes to go shopping, out to eat, or even on vacation for a week.

3. Thank You for Raising an Amazing Man

His good work ethic, his respectfulness, his responsibility, without the two of you, he wouldn't be the person he is today.

4. Thank You for All of the Food You Have Bought Me

Pickles and ketchup for the house (even though nobody else will ever eat them) meals when we go out to eat, food that you bring home, and snacks that I have when I'm over. I know it's been a lot, and I try to always say thank you, but just in case I didn't one time, thank you again!

5. Thank You for Teaching Him How To Treat a Woman

He always holds doors open for me, buys me flowers, listens to me complain and is my best friend. He is without a doubt the best boyfriend I could ask for, and I think a lot of that is thanks to you both!

6. Thank You for Always Keeping Me In the Loop

He sometimes forgets to tell me things (like when his game is at a different place), but I can always count on you to make sure I know what's going on!

7. Thank You for Being Entertaining

You both are so funny, whether you know it or not. You're always making me laugh. I love that I'm included in some of the family inside-jokes.

8. Thank You for Caring

You always tell me to get home safe, ask about school and keep up to date about what is going on in my life.

9. Thank You for Spending Time With My Parents

I am so glad that you guys get along with my parents and that the 6 of us can all spend time together. We need to have another family game night soon, okay?

10. Thank You for Teasing Me

When you tease me or joke with me, it really makes me feel like I'm a part of the family (plus it's hilarious).

11. Thank You for Letting Him Date Me

You probably secretly get sick of seeing me all the time, me tagging along everywhere, and for taking up a lot of your son's time, but thank you for approving of and supporting us being together.