To The Love Of My Life Who Is Moving On Without Me

You were the greatest love I've ever found and if I ever find that again I promise not to let go. Promise me, you won't let go if you do the same.

2202
@alexandriamarie1/Instagram

Our story was one that I won't ever forget. It was a whirlwind kind of love, one that I never thought I would feel. I keep chasing for it now that I know it exists. When we first met I felt something there but avoided it because it wasn't the right time or place.

A few months passed by and when we had our first date, it was like nothing I've ever had before. I felt like I was in a movie where everything seems to go by so quickly and you never have a moment to catch your breath.

I will love you for the rest of my life.

You were everything to me. I knew that I would never lose myself in you because you were so amazing at making sure we both had separate dreams that would collide. We never planned our lives together because our own plans worked together. You taught me so many things about life and things in general. I never thought that we would ever not be together.

There was a huge part of me that thought you were the one, and that one day everything would fall together. Now I see that I was wrong because everything fell apart. I know that I am the main reason to blame. I'm sorry for that, and for the pain I caused you. I'm glad that you got through it; I'm glad that you moved on.

For a while there, I thought that I could never love again.

Thankfully I was wrong, but I haven't loved someone the way I've loved you yet and I don't know if I ever will. You were my first love, hopefully not my last. The world does need to know though, that you were the greatest love I've ever found, and if I ever find that again I promise not to let go.

Promise me, you won't let go if you do the same.

Don't let go just because you saw me in a bar, saw my smile, felt my touch, and was brought back to all the good. With the good comes the bad, and our bad was terrible. I pushed, you fled. We weren't a good combo then, and we've spent a year and a half of our lives apart. We wouldn't be good together now.

Our chapter has come to an end.

Just because we are over doesn't mean that you weren't the love of my life or that I will stop loving you; the truth is you were the love of my life and I won't stop loving you. I don't think I ever could. With all of that also comes a small amount of heartbreak seeing you move on.

I want you to know that I am happy for you, and I hope that you love her as much as you loved me. I want to stay in your life, I want to know all about your accomplishments and watch you from afar. I just can't be in your life like I was before because I love you and I can't watch someone else love you.

Thank you for showing me what falling in love feels like.

Without you, I would never know how it feels to fall head over heels for someone. To want everything they want, to push them, and make them be the best they can be. You will always push me to be my best, and I will prove you right. I will show you that I can live up to my potential.

Don't ever stop kicking me in the right direction when I get off track.

You mean the world to me and I won't stop loving you, but I'm happy for you and I hope that you are happy for me.