Today Could Be Your Last Day With The One You Love

Make every moment count.

296
Pexels.com

It happens all too quickly. It happens all too often. While there are many things in life that are painful to go through, heartache is the hardest. The worst kind of break up isn't through text or over the phone. The one you always thought was going to be there, your trusty sidekick, all of sudden is no longer yours. Whether it be to the floor, or to a stranger, having to replace 'the one' trumps all breakups and goodbyes.

We've all seen it happen quickly and in a flash. One moment it's in our hands, the next it's upside down on the floor. What did she just say? Is her boyfriend upside down on the floor? No you idiot, I'm talking about my iPhone, the love of my life, that is now smashed to bits on the floor.

Back on topic, my iPhone that is lying lifeless on the floor. I feel hopeless now that it's in my hands, smashed to smithereens. The drop was all a blur, I don't remember a thing. But for all of us who have dropped our phones: no matter how it slipped out of our hands, the pang of the glass shattering on the floor will always sting.

It's lose-lose when you break the entire screen of your iPhone. No matter how many screen protectors you put over a shattered screen, the pain of the break doesn't fade away. In most cases patching up the situation isn't an option and buying a new phone is. That my friend is what is known as rock bottom: buying a new phone when yours was brand new.

The worst iPhone breakup is when we've seriously lost our phones. Like, we've gotten pick-pocketed or taken advantage of by gypsies in Rome. Like any relationship, if you steal what is mine and I can't get it back... I'm going to become severely upset. I barely have an iPhone, let alone a cash-filled wallet to buy a new iPhone. Lots of tears will be shed the day I actually cannot find my phone.

Then there are times when we are just idiots, and forget where we put our phones. I have to admit, and I know I'm not a lot, there's a sort of panic that fills my heart my when our iPhone is not within reach. Our phones are our most prized possessions... I mean my iPhone X is my baby. I feel lost, scared and frantic every time I swear 'I put my phone in my pocket' but reach for it and it isn't there.

If this kind-of put you on edge, I'm terribly sorry. But it's important to remember the traumas of the past, and reflect on heartbreak to improve ourselves in the future. So just remember to take care of the love of your life while you have one.

Because we don't know what the future holds. Especially if you're an idiot like me and drop your phone a lot without a case on it.