Looking At The Final Spots For Each Division In The National League

Which National League teams will make a push for October

8
http://content.sportslogos.net

The MLB season is almost coming to a close with only about 1 more month left of the MLB season. Even though the regular season is almost over, but the best part is still approaching us and thats the MLB playoffs. Were not exactly sure all the teams that are in it but at this point we have a good idea of who will be in for the race in October. The biggest race that will come to the end, is which Wild Card Teams will make it. Of course now with the new MLB rules now having 2 wild card teams than one, it makes the race a lot more interesting for teams who are on the bubble of possibly making one of those two spots. Here are my predictions for the teams that will make this years MLB playoffs from the National League.

The team that is going to win the National League West is going to be the San Francisco Giants. I know that now the Los Angeles Dodgers are playing good baseball right now too as their in first place right now but I think the Giants will make a run at the first place spot at the division come playoff time. When healthy this team in my mind is one of the most dominating teams in baseball. There offense has guys like catcher Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Brandon Crawford, and they just got Hunter Pence back not too long ago to bolster their offense. From top to bottom the Giants might have one the best rotations in all of baseball including Madison Bumgarner, Johnny Cueto, Jeff Samardzjia, and Matt Moore who they got from the Tampa Bay Rays at the trade deadline. Come October, I think this team could make a run at teams like the Cubs.

The team that will be in first for the National League Central is no question but the Chicago Cubs. The Cubs might arguably the best team in baseball. This might be the Cubs this year to win the World Series. There good at everything whether its hitting, starting pitching, or bullpen help. From top to bottom in the Cubs lineup, there's no easy out maybe except the pitcher but even ace Jake Arrieta is a threat to hit the ball out of the yard. Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo are two of the best players in all of baseball. Their hitting to all fields with power is very impressive. Don't forget the younger guys that have also made an impact to their lineup like Addison Russell, Wilson Contreras, and Javier Baez. Pitchers Jake Arrieta and Kyle Hendricks have been two of the top starters. Their bullpen from the 7th inning on is really good. In the playoffs you don't want to face this team at all.

The Washington Nationals have a huge lead in the East and I don't believe anyone is catching them. They did just lose Stephan Strasbug to the disabled list but before then he was pitching great. Hitters like Bryce Harper, Anthony Rendon, and Ryan Zimmerman have got to be more consistent before this years playoffs come around.

The two wild card teams are still up for grabs but if the season ended today, I'd have to say the two teams making the Wild Card are the Los Angeles Dodgers and the St. Louis Cardinals. The three teams that will be on the bubble are the Pittsburgh Pirates, Miami Marlins, and New York Mets. Even though theres still plenty of baseball left, those teams might have the most balance in order to compete for a playoff spot

To wrap things up, the National League will have it's hands full with a bunch of teams that I can see playing or winning the World Series. Teams can't just take a seat and say we've already locked up the division, but what they can do is play good baseball so there prepared for the postseason.