16 Of The Longest Running TV Shows Still On Air

16 shows you can always count on.

20442
wikia

There have been a handful of shows that have slowly become household favorites after airing season after season. Even with their loyal followers, some viewers tend to forget that these beloved shows are still generating new episodes. To make it even better, 10 of these binge-worthy shows are available on Netflix.

Here are the 16 longest-running scripted U.S. Primetime TV shows.

1. The Simpsons

"The Simpsons" is the longest running show with 27 seasons starting in 1989 and its newest season starting this week.

2. South Park

"South Park" started in 1997 and has had 20 seasons and with three more seasons scheduled. (Available on Netflix)

3. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Starting in 1999, "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" has had a total of 18 seasons. (Available on Netflix)

4. Family Guy

Since 1999, "Family Guy" has had a total of 14 seasons with a new one starting this week. (Available on Netflix)

5. NCIS

NCIS, with 14 seasons, started in 2003 and is scheduled for a new season next year. (Available on Netflix)

6. Grey's Anatomy

Grey’s Anatomy has had a total of 12 seasons since 2005, and currently on season 13. (Available on Netflix)

7. Criminal Minds

"Criminal Minds" premiered in 2005 and has had a total of 11 episodes with its next season starting this week. (Available on Netflix)

8. Supernatural

Supernatural has aired 11 seasons since 2005 with a new season starting next month. (Available on Netflix)

9. Bones

With 11 seasons since 2005, Bones is scheduled for another season this year. (Available on Netflix)

10. American Dad!

Next year will be the 12th season since 2005 of "American Dad!" (Available on Netflix)

11. Squidbillies

"Squidbillies" has had 10 seasons since 2005.

12. The Big Bang Theory

"The Big Bang Theory" premiered in 2007 and is currently on its 10th season.

13. NCIS: Los Angeles

"NCIS: Los Angles" started in 2009 and is starting its eighth season this week.

14. The Middle

Since starting in 2009, "The Middle" has aired seven seasons and is premiering a new season next month.

15. Modern Family

"Modern Family" started in 2009 and is currently on its eighth season.

16. The Vampire Diaries

"The Vampire Diaries" made its start in 2009 and plans to air its eighth and final season next month. (Available on Netflix)