17 Binge Worthy TV Shows On Netflix

17 Binge Worthy TV Shows On Netflix

85
17 Binge Worthy TV Shows On Netflix

The big thing to do in this day and age is the binge-watch TV shows off of Netflix. I am just as guilty as the next person of spending hours upon hours laying in bed watching my favorite shows. Since Netflix started streaming onto computers and TVs, I have been watching commercial-free TV shows as much as possible. The amount of TV series that I have gotten through since junior year of high school adds up to well over 20 shows. Some people may be embarrassed that they spend so much time watching Netflix, but I think it's quite fun. For those of you who are at a loss of what shows to watch next: here is a list of some of my favorites.

1. "Grey's Anatomy."

A medical drama with a dreamy cast, what is not to love? "Grey’s Anatomy" really tears at your heartstrings episode after episode. There may be moments where you just want to give up and quit watching, but something always pulls you back in. You know that after heartbreak, something amazing is going to happen. If you haven’t gotten around to watching "Grey’s" yet, you truly have not lived your life to its fullest potential.

2. "Parks and Recreation."

Have you ever sat at home by yourself watching a TV show and caught yourself laughing uncontrollably? If you answered no, you have probably yet to see "Parks and Recreation." This show is a must watch. The characters all have personalities that you are going to love and you will forever be wishing that Pawnee, Indiana were a real city that you could move to immediately. Although this show may be over, the seven seasons made will give you some of your best Netflix moments. This show is the best comedy around and will lift you up on your worst days. Get to binging.

3. "How I Met Your Mother."

Talk about a rollercoaster of a show. It all starts out with a tight group of five friends and their wacky stories, but it turns out that the entire show tells one long story with an insane ending. You will get dragged along over the years of their lives and you will probably laugh (a lot) along the way. If you are like me, you will be extremely angry at the ending of the show, but you will still love it just as much as you always have. You also will probably hope that one day you have a relationship like Marshall and Lily and you may even get into a slump when you realize that your life is a lot like Ted’s. But in the end, it is all okay because at least you have "HIMYM" to fall back on in your times of need! Now get going, you have a lot of seasons ahead of you.

4. "30 Rock."

Talk about an extremely under appreciated show. "30 Rock" has a stellar cast and a ridiculous storyline. It may take you an episode or two to really get pulled in, but give it time. "30 Rock" is Tina Fey’s baby, and you have to appreciate anything that Tina Fey loves. Tina Fey knows what is up and she also happens to be an amazing actress. If you are looking for a show with some man-candy, look no further, Alec Baldwin is quite the looker in this series. Give it a try; it is awesome.

5. "Scrubs."

A medical comedy -- sounds strange, doesn’t it? How can a show that takes place in a hospital where people are dying all of the time be a comedy? Well, you are just going to have to watch the show to find out. Watch one episode and I promise you will be hooked. Talk about a show full of some of the most messed up characters around. It is great.

6. "One Tree Hill."

Grab a tissue box because this show is a tearjerker. "One Tree Hill" will have you glued to your bed for days at a time watching it. The characters begin to feel like family and just a warning, the series finale is going to break your heart while also filling it up with so much joy all at the same time. I may or may not have spent an entire day of my winter break freshman year watching this show (I did. I watched 18 episodes in one day) and I honestly am not even ashamed of it. This is one of those shows that will stick with you and you honestly may even make friends over your love for it. Be prepared to answer this question and answer it quick: Lucas or Nathan Scott?

(I'm team Lucas.)

7. "Friday Night Lights."

Tim Riggins. I don’t really think I need to say anything else. This is another one of those teen drama shows. Every teenage girl is in love with Tim Riggins and is equally in love with "Friday Night Lights." Don’t believe me? Watch one show and I promise you will be in love.

8. "The Office."

Have you ever seen that clip from "The Office" when everyone is learning how to do CPR and they end up killing the dummy due to breaking out into a dance party? Every single episode is that funny. How could you not get hooked on something so great?

9. "Prison Break."

If you like stress inducing shows, definitely give this one a try. It is a super suspenseful show and definitely gets your heart rate up. Michael Scofield’s brother Lincoln Burrows is in jail for a crime he did not commit so Scofield gets himself arrested in order to break his brother out of jail. You never know what is going to happen next, which always keeps you coming back for more.

10. "Bob's Burgers."

If you want to be in on all the fun gifs made from "Bob’s Burgers" episodes, you definitely need to watch this show. I am usually not a big fan of cartoons, but this is something special. You are constantly wondering what kind of mind would come up with a show as ridiculous as this one, but you will love it all the same. You will start laughing at the beginning of the episode and probably will not be able to stop until the episode is over.

11. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt."

Kimmy Schmidt has spent half of her life as part of a cult where she lived underground and believed that her and the other girls living down there were the only ones left on Earth. Kimmy along with the rest of the brainwashed girls get saved and have to assimilate back into the real world. Kimmy heads to New York City to start over. You get to follow her on her journey of becoming an adult in the real world. It is a hilarious Netflix original comedy.

12. "Orange Is The New Black."

If you have not heard about this show, you must be living under a rock. Just know it is a show about a woman prison and it has one of the best casts around. This Netflix original is the best thing to happen since the last best thing to happen. The only bad thing about this show is that the entire season gets posted at once so you binge watch for a day, finish, and then have to wait a whole year for the next season.

13. "Friends."

It is a rite of passage in life to watch "Friends." Even if it is just one of those shows that you watch every once in awhile with some pals. It is just a show that eventually, you need to be able to say you have seen every episode of.

14. "Parenthood."

A relatable family drama that can even be funny; it’s a dream come true. I keep saying this, but you really will grow attached to these characters. You won’t ever want the show to end. You will watch a family grow up and grow strong together. This is one of those long shows that you will still manage to get through in a month tops.

15. "Grace and Frankie."

Two elderly women, Grace and Frankie, find out that their husbands have been cheating on them with each other for the past 20 years. Their husbands are work partners, but turns out they are also life partners. Grace and Frankie have never liked each other, but during this hard time they lean on each other and end up becoming friends. This show is hilarious and is a total pick-me-up. You will be eager for the next season to be posted as soon as you finish the first.

16. "Arrested Development."

Everyone knows that Arrested Development is a hysterical show that needs to be watched. “There is always money in the banana stand!” If you do not understand that, you need to catch up… immediately.

17. "Master Of None."

This is Aziz Ansari’s new comedy. If you love Aziz, you will absolutely adore this show. At some point it kind of turns into a bit of a tearjerker, but it’s fine, it’s still hysterical and keeps you wanting more. Take this one slow seeing as how it is a great show, but there is only one season (10 episodes) on Netflix at the moment.