Letter To My Long Distance Best Friend

Letter To My Long Distance Best Friend

You know what they say – "Internet friends are the best friends"

25
Letter To My Long Distance Best Friend
Noelle Grassel

My Dearest Friend,

I know that we constantly express our love for each other, but I want to tell you how incredibly lucky I am to have you in my life. Despite living thousands of miles away, you never fail to be there for me when I need to go on a ridiculous rant or need a shoulder to cry on. I trust you with every detail of my life and know when I text you saying, "B**ch, you won't believe this," you'll eagerly answer, waiting to hear what I have to say. In all honesty, without you, my life would be a lot more boring.

Really, though, who else can say they have a best friend of five years who lives in Florida that they've only met once? No one I know -- I can tell you that. Never did I think we would become as close as we did in such a short amount of time, nor did I think you would fly all the way up to New York to meet me. After a long five years, being able to see you in the flesh compared to my phone screen was such an amazing feeling.

Brandi, I hope you know I appreciate you and everything you do for me. I think I can truly say that you are the only person that has never annoyed me, and I have never had anything to complain about when it comes to you. Instead, you're the one I go to so I can complain about anyone or anything, knowing you'll either calm me down, straighten me out, or agree with me. The best part about our friendship, and what I appreciate the most, is you do for me what I do for you. There is no one side to our friendship, it is a clear two way street that we both actively participate in. I know I may be a terrible texter sometimes, but you know if you really need me I will answer in a heartbeat. I know I can count on you to do the same. You have saved me from so many awkward situations just by answering the texts I send you, have I told you that? Thanks by the way, otherwise I'd look like a loner half the time.

Your visit to New York made my summer the best one I've had in a while, so thank you. You know I had a rocky start to the summer, so finally meeting you and getting to show you NYC, attend a Coldplay concert, and go to a Yankees game was exactly what I needed. Despite you dragging me around the city to see graffiti that was no longer there in the sweltering heat, I was the happiest I had been all summer.

To sum it up, I'm so grateful to have the privilege of being your "Bblonde Italian best friend" (even though neither of us are actually blonde). You truly are the best (see what I did there)? Our five years of friendship was nothing compared to the six months we waited after you booked your trip. Even through the periods when we didn't talk all day, you still were considered one of my best friends. I'll see you in December, and I can't wait to book my trip to Florida. Here's to many more years (and flights to see each other).

All the love,
Your long distance best friend.