A Thank You Note To My Lifelong Best Friend

When I first met you I didn't know you would be this important to me.

266
Michelle Russell

Dear Best Friend,

What I am about to tell you you’ve probably heard me say millions of times in every single birthday card I’ve ever written you, but there isn’t enough words or a multitude of times I can tell you how much you mean to me. I miss you. This letter is me telling you that I’m thinking about you. They say that people come into your life for a reason, and I know that to be true since meeting you.

We’ve been through it all. From our lunchbox days with those god awful straight across bangs and matching pigtails, to middle school when we were the epitome of awkward, to high school when we were trying to fit in and wore too much eyeliner. As we’ve gotten older we both are caught up in our own lives in different cities. Even though we go days without talking, it’s ok. I know the moment we reconnect it doesn’t take but a second for us to be right back to where we left off. That’s the thing. We've learned how to stay close for years while being miles apart. There are no limits in our friendship because we have built one that will last, and that I am thankful for.

Thank you for opening your house and sharing your family with me. Thank you for sending me gifts when you couldn’t make it for my birthday. Thank you for never being judgmental. Thank you for dealing with me, seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you for making me feel special when I needed it the most. Thank you for being loyal and never turning your back on me. Thank you for letting me confide in you. Most importantly, thank you for being you.

You have been my rock and my person through all these years. I know that you are only one text or phone call away. There was never a time where I had to second guess myself if I needed advice because you hear me out and tell me like it is with your honest opinion even if it’s not what I want to hear. You've kept me on track when I started to fall off the path, forever by my side. There are many moments when I realize how blessed I am that we met years ago, and you never left.

You have been one of the most constant things in my life. I’ve always had your constant support, love, and friendship. You will always have a special place in my heart as my best friend. Your kind words of encouragement is something that I always keep close. I will never be able to express how much you’ve impacted me and have shaped me into becoming who I am today.

When you do read this I want you to know how loved you are. I’m so proud and forever grateful to call you my lifelong best friend. I don’t know what I would do without you. Cheers to us and a lifetime of friendship and memories.

Love you long time,

Your Best Friend