A Thank You Letter To My Long Distance Friends

True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.

2777
Hunter Klonz

Throughout your life you make so many friends. These friends come from all stages of life, like elementary school, organizations, high school, and college. Life is so different after you graduate from high school. I never believed everyone when they told me that this might be the last time I would see some of these people I have grown up with since I was five years old. We went our separate ways after high school, all to different schools around the country. Then you get to college and meet some of the best people you will ever meet in your life. It comes to the end of the semester, and it is time to go back home. You all pack up, say your goodbyes, and head back to your hometowns that are all hours apart from each other. But, some of these friends from high school and college will not let the distance affect your friendship. Without them, you couldn't make it through those long days and lonely nights. So, thank you to all my friends that do not let distance be an obstacle in our friendship.

Thank you for your late-night calls.

I may not have told you that I needed someone to vent to, but you could tell I needed it by my text messages. I told you I was fine, but you called me anyway. We talked for hours about pointless things, just like we would do sitting on the floor of my dorm room. When I had a rough day, or I am having boy troubles, I know I can count on you to listen to me until I run out of breath.

Thank you for traveling to see me.

You spend hours on the road, and money that we don't have to see each other. It may not be often, but we take advantage of every single minute we have together. I know it is not fun to drive six hours, but our friendship is so worth it. Nothing can beat our crazy adventures we have together.

Thank you for texting me all the time.

I get so excited every time my phone buzzes because I can't wait to see what you have to say next. I can count on having you to talk to all day when I have nothing to do or when I am trying to adult and I need your advice. My life would be extremely boring if I did not have you to talk to all day long.

Thank you for giving me a pep talk when I need it.

You continue to inspire me no matter how many miles separate us. I can always count on you to help me become the best me that I can be. Whenever I don't believe in myself, you show me my potential.

Thanks for understanding how busy I am.

We may go days without talking because if I am not sleeping, I am working. We may have opposite work schedules, and we are both trying to live our chaotic lives, so thank you for not getting mad when I can't text back right away. No matter how many days we go without talking, we can pick right back up where we left off when we have our next conversation.

God truly blessed me when we gave me you. A long distance friendship is a two-way street, and it takes commitment, and you have shown me how much this friendship means to you. I value our friendship more than I can ever express. It will never be easy to be hours apart, but our friendship is greater than the miles between us. I honestly wouldn't survive without our friendship. You will always be my hardest goodbye, and my favorite hello. I cannot thank you enough for being the best friend I could ever ask for, even if it is from hundreds of miles away.