What It's Like Living Alone For The First Time

After A Weekend Of Living Alone, I Realized That I Missed Having People Around Me

Filipino culture usually has everyone from uncles and aunts and cousins in one house so I'm used to having a lot of people in my house.

4

My family went to Canada this past weekend, but I couldn't come since no one would watch the dog. Of course, I would've loved to come to Canada with them, but being the homebody I am I wasn't that upset. Usually, I like to achieve at least one thing a day so I had my sights set, but some things just don't go as planned.

My family left at night so this is when being home alone truly began. My sister was helping me make end of the year thank you cards for all of her teachers, but she had to leave so I was left to do everything else myself. She made acrostic poems using all her teachers' names which was absolutely adorable. After a few hours, I decided to call it a day. Since no one was around to tell me to clean up the arts and crafts mess I made, I left it on the table to clean the next day. Since my dog likes to sleep in the same room as other people and isn't allowed to sleep in my room since my sister is allergic, we both slept in the living room.

I never knew how much I could push things off until I realized that if people didn't tell me what to do I would not do anything at all. The only thing that really pushed me to get out of bed was my dog and fish. I had to feed both of them, but afterwards, I just went back to doing nothing. That was until the power surged which scared the heck out of me. I was absolutely terrified and stayed on high alert mode for a few hours. In order to feel productive for the day, I cleaned my room and called it a day. Sunday was my baking day so while watching cooking videos I baked bread. My family came home in the afternoon with poutine and Tim Horton's.

As much as I love being alone, I really missed having people around me. Filipino culture usually has everyone from uncles and aunts and cousins in one house so I'm used to having a lot of people in my house. I feel like that I'm not ready to live on my own and that's okay cause I have a long way to go to making that decision.