Live Your Life

Live Your Life

Beginning a new life that you'll love to the fullest

6
Live Your Life

To say the least, we all fear something in the world. Whether it be snakes or heights or even being social. Something in this world keeps us from living life to the fullest. For me, its bridges over water, train tracks, and driving in between two semis. But what if i told you….”There is nothing to fear but fear itself.” Said by none other than Franklin D. Roosevelt. I know it sounds pretty cliche, I understand, but give it a chance. Listen to this story.

She turned 12 and was faced with the pain and fear of losing a loved one. At age 13-16, she was shown the fear of having no one there for support, or so she thought. Finally 17 and she found the fear of being socially rejected from people she found comfort with. At age 18, she saw she had the fear of being alone, but not accepting it. Turning 19, the fears were being covered with things to hide and release the pain of all the years that have passed her. At the age of 20, she realized the fear of not being able to save every broken heart that fell into her hands. Some hearts weren't meant to be saved. The worst fear of all was always feeling like she wasn’t good enough.

All those fears came with the joy of overthinking, anxiety, and depression (high levels of sarcasm intended). Those fears had control of all her thoughts and all her actions. Those thoughts led to the art of mastering how to push people away. Those fears led to people staring because she was beautiful, and her thinking something was wrong with her. Those fears led to people laughing, and her "knowing" it was about her. So how did she overcome it? She would think. To live in a world where fear is almost a contagious disease, how do you have nothing to fear? The golden answer is that it is all in your mind. Let me repeat that for the people in the back. It is all in your MIND. Positive thinking leads to positive actions.

If you have a fear of heights, you will think of every possible negative outcome there is and talk yourself out of that new roller coaster or skydiving. If you have a fear of commitment, you will think of all the times you have gotten hurt and always thinking you will not be good enough for the other person. Key word here is thinking. YOU are thinking this and YOU have control over the fear and over the thoughts.

Don’t drown yourself in the negatives and take a positive outcome for every negative. This won’t happen over night and it won’t be easy, but there is nothing to lose and why continue to live in the shadows? Do something you fear everyday, and that's when you will begin to live.

Heidi