Little Things That Help Me Get Through Life

When school is really getting to me, these things help me out.

9
123rf

Okay. So as a college student, many times a week (a day?) I find myself overwhelmed with deadlines and assignments. This means that when something comes along that puts me in a good mood, I enjoy it a lot more. Here are some really, really small things that help get me through my daily struggle on this journey to higher education. :)

1. Laundry Days

Wait... what? Is this real? Yes.

I never did any of my own laundry before coming to school. Back then, the thought of it literally made me anxious. Now, spending a day washing my clothes honestly makes me feel like I have my life together. Adulthood.

2. Getting out of class early

I guess this isn't that groundbreaking. Who wouldn't love this? But making the transition from a high school schedule, I could not be more thankful for those days where I finish up early.

3. Clean makeup brushes

This is actually really gross. But cleaning all my makeup brushes after a long period of avoidance is so satisfying. Especially with the realization that I'm not coating my skin with a thin layer of bacteria anymore.

4. Hydration

Water! I love water. I feel so much better after finishing everything that was in my camelbak. There are so many benefits of some good old H20. Drink up

5. Washing my face

This goes along with the clean makeup brushes thing. Washing my face in the morning wakes me up and makes me feel more ready for the day. Washing my face at night makes me feel like I have nothing else to worry about before bed. Win win win.

6. Healthy Snacks

I have always had a sweet tooth, so it's really hard for me to hold back on sugary snacks. Recently, after forcing myself to chill on the processed foods, I have learned to love eating healthier. I feel so good after I eat an apple or a granola bar mid day. Never underestimate the power of fruit

7. Time to do absolutely nothing

This is very rare these days. Between clubs, practices, homework, sleep and basically maintaining my sanity, having time to just sit is the best feeling.