9 Little Things That Matter In Relationships

Its the little things that take up the most room in our heart.
2156

“Wow this the best relationship I’ve ever been in, where has he been my whole life!” Chances are you’ve said this before…Have you ever been in a relationship that seemed exceptional, and made you wonder why this one was so much better than the past ones?

Yes, you are dating someone different than before but chances are this new relationship that seems so beautiful has a lot of the little things that you might not have gotten before. Sometimes when someone does a lot of the little things, you don’t know how to handle it because you’ve never been treated like this before. It's okay, learn to accept the little things! The little things in a relationship are what matter because these are the things that show they care.

Here are a few of the little things that can make a relationship healthy!

1. Write notes

Writing notes seems the really old school, I know but writing someone a note is special. It means they took time out of their day to sit down and think about what they wanted to say to you. Writing someone a note is also a good reminder of how much you care about that person. Not to mention notes can be kept and be reread, so they can read it when they need to be reminded of how much you mean to them.

2. Send them something that made you think of them

If you’re scrolling through Facebook and see something that makes you think of that special someone, send it to them! Think about how this makes you feel. Doesn’t it make you feel special to know that someone is thinking about you while they’re going through their day? Send them a song that you think reminds you of them. These few little things can make someone’s day go from okay to great!

3. Good morning text

Isn’t it such a special feeling when you wake up to a text from the one that special someone? Text that special someone in the morning so they know you’re thinking about them in the morning. Give them a reason to start their day with a smile. Say something like “Good morning Cutie; I hope your day is as bright as your smile” It’s okay if it’s cheesy, cheesily is good! Cheesy makes people laugh!

4. Surprise them

Surprises are fun! You don’t have to make a big deal of it and make it a huge surprise; you can do something small. The little things mean just as much as the big things! Write your special someone a note and leave it somewhere they least expect. Leave it on their vehicle while they’re at work or school. This will make them smile when they leave. This shows you mean something to them because you went out of your way to do something to make them happy. Surprise them when yourself when you know they need it most. Just swing by to say hey and hug them. Sometimes a hug can make that special someone feel so much better. Especially because this shows, you care and will be there for them no matter what.

5. Show interest in what they are doing

If they are doing something, you know nothing about asking questions. Tell the person you like you think what they are doing is cool. Ask them if there is any way you can help them. This is something straightforward that makes people feel like you care. Even if you honestly don’t care when you learn more about it, you might care about it more. We all enjoy it when people show interest in what we are doing!

6. Hug Them Tight

Hug them tight! Something about a tight hug is very personable. This tight squeeze means you support them and you are there for them. Not to mention how nice tight hug feel! It’s almost as if they are putting back the pieces of your broken heart. Tight hugs are a way of saying I care a lot about you. Remember it's not about what you say, it's about what you do!

7. Be Supportive

This may seem like common sense, but not everyone thinks about it. When someone you like is having a hard time, support them! Support every choice in life they make. The choices they make are the right thing at that moment in time. They may have made that choice because of something you know nothing about. Since you are their significant other, be there for them. Talk to them!

8. Do something they enjoy

Relationships are about the give and take rule right? Sometimes we do things our significant other likes to make them happy. We need to do things they enjoy, and then we learn to appreciate them. Sometimes our significant others expose us to the new stuff, and these new things become the things we love.

9. Open up

I know this might seem like a hard thing to do, but when you do, you open a new window of opportunity. You allow that other person to begin to see deeper into who you are. This allows them to uncover more about why you are the way you are, and why you chose to do some things you do. Opening up to someone is tough, so when someone does open up to you, they’re telling you they trust you. They see that you will be there to support their past and help them through to the future.

In the end, these are all little things that help take a relationship from good to exceptional. These are little ways to show the person you like how much you care. If you aren’t a very affectionate person, this helps you show how much you care because you are talking little step to better the relationship. Remember people show how much they care about someone in lots of different ways. You don’t need to make a scene every time you want to show someone you care. These little things help show you care.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Be the reason someone smiles! People will remember how you make them feel! Make sure when people remember how you made them feel you've done them feel good!

Take the next step today, do the little things in a relationship and make someone feel special. In the end, you’ll feel good because you've done them happy!