Life Is By No Means A Race So Go At Your Own Pace And You Will Make It

You'll get to where you're supposed to go regardless of how fast others get to their places.
112

The last couple of weeks I have come across a problem. Not necessarily a problem that can be defined, but a problem that is definitely present. I'm constantly looking at others' social media accounts and seeing all that they've accomplished just to put down my phone and feel defeated myself.

Seeing everyone else's accomplishments such as summer internships, job interviews, and even just posting picture and tweet after tweet of their "perfect" life has started to make me feel a little bad about not having those things myself. While I know can't avoid social media altogether, especially since I plan on being a social media coordinator in the future, but I have been using it a little less lately to get out of my head.

I've taken some time to focus on just living my life. I'm 20 years old, there's no need to constantly worry about what the future holds. I know that if I work hard I'll get to where I need to be. I'll land the internship I'm supposed to, I'll graduate whether it's on time or not. I'll get a job after graduation. I will live my own little perfect life. I'm always worried that my friends or family members will completely pass me in the left lane in this "life race."

It's taken me some years to realize it, but life is not a race. If it was we'd all be a lot more exhausted then we already are. Years from now I don't want to remember myself in college freaking out about my future but want to remember all of the great times I had with the people I love.

It doesn't matter what age you graduate or when you get into graduate school. It doesn't matter when you get engaged or married. It doesn't matter if all your friends are having kids one day and you aren't at that exact same time.

We all have our own timelines and it's crucial that we understand that. I'm not saying that nobody should ever be sad that something they really want isn't happening for them, but to remember that things do happen when they're supposed to. I sometimes think that if you stress too much about a certain event that it doesn't happen.

So remember that your life is just that, your own. It's not your sister's or brother's or best friend's or cousin's or whoever's. It's YOURS. You'll figure out what you need to. You'll make money. You'll have a career, but most importantly you'll end up how and where you should, hopefully, happy happy happy.