Learn To Appreciate The Lessons And Blessings In Your Life

Dear Past, Thank you for all the lessons... Dear Future, I am ready.
503

We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.

There's a popular phrase I learned growing up that has really hit home with me the last couple years: We meet everyone for a reason. Either they’re a lesson or a blessing.

As of recently, my best friend has reminded me of this phrase that reopened my eyes to the path my life was taking. If people don't put in the effort for you, are they really worth your time? The answer is no. There is a reason for every person in your life, some people are brought to you to teach you a lesson and some people are brought to you as a blessing from God. Whether it is a significant other, maybe someone who you considered a friend, or perhaps it's a complete stranger. No matter who it is, each of these people can impact your life. They may be someone who ends up breaking your heart, but sometimes you have to look past that and ask yourself what they might have brought to your life? Maybe they were a lesson of what you don't want in a relationship or maybe they were a blessing who dragged you out of a depression you were slowly falling into.

Sometime ago, I lay in my bed thinking my heart was broken and sobbing to my mom who told me a similar phrase, “everything happens for a reason...learn from it…and move on”. This has reminded me of all the lessons that have walked in and out of my life and all the blessings that have walked in and left a significant imprint on my heart. After all, God doesn't give you anything you're not strong enough to handle.

As of recently, I have realized there is nothing truer than this simple phrase. In reality, there are two types of people in this world, so never fall prey to those there only to teach you a lesson. Yes, you will learn some important and valuable things from them being a part of your life, but don't let these people define you. If your boyfriend broke up with you, don't waste your tears on him. If they want you in their lives, they will prove it to you. If they don't, don't take it personal, it just validates that they aren't meant to be a part of your life. Unfortunately that happens, but you must realize that eventually you will find that someone special that will put in the effort for you and makes you feel like the only girl in the world. So don't waste your time crying on some stupid boy, live your life and enjoy this time you're given to find yourself and explore things you may or may not like. If you do this, eventually you will meet the man of your dreams. It is important to realize that it might not happen if you're waiting for it though. Things happen when you least expect them to. So if life throws you a curveball, sit on the pitch and hit it over the right field fence out of the park. If it's a friend that has recently walked out of your life, don't dwell on why they left. Move on and look at all the people who have walked into your life and stayed. Appreciate all the special people you currently have in your life.

Life is a rollercoaster and the people in it make it worth the ride, but make sure you're putting in the effort for the people who truly deserve it and have proven to be there for you when you have needed them most. Take what you've learned from the lessons and move on, but make sure you appreciate all the blessings. “Always keep your head up, because if it’s down you won’t be able to see the blessings that have been placed in your life.”