20 Pieces Of Life Advice For A Happier, Healthier You

We could all use a little bit of life advice sometimes.

121
Unsplash

Let's face it, life is hard. Getting up every morning with a positive attitude and hope for the future is not always possible. We need a lot of life advice to get us through the challenging days and the harder moments. Below is some really great life advice for anyone who is struggling to get by, struggling to find peace with themselves, or just looking to live life to the fullest.

1. If you want something, go get it

Nothing will ever just find its way to you. You have to go chase your dreams, follow what you want, and go get it yourself.

2. Don't forget to do something you said you would do

Keeping your word builds trust. People want to know that they can depend on you to do what you promised.

3. Clean up your own messes because you made them

This applies to spills in the kitchen and broken promises between friends. Clean up after yourself and learn to take responsibility for your own actions.

4. Be kind to everyone you meet

We all struggle. We all need a little kindness in our life. Even the people who hurt us deserve our kindness because, in the end, how we react only shows off our character.

5. Ignore the negative things people say to you

There's not enough time in the day to worry about a silly comment. Learn to ignore the things that don't matter.

6. Get more organized if you feel stressed

Stress is usually born out of poor planing and a lack of willpower. Get organized and get motivated to overcome your stress.

7. Never take on more than you can handle, and only say yes if you want to

You can only do so much. Don't say yes to things that will make you unhappy or take time away from what you really want to do.

8. Pay attention to what you're feeling

Bottling up emotions, thinking they'll just disappear, is a desperate attempt. Express yourself, deal with your emotions, and be able to move on to better things.

9. Tell the people around you that you love and appreciate them

You never know when you might lose someone. Never forget to remind people how much they mean to you.

10. Don't always color within the lines

We are not born with different personalities and different appearances to all fit the same mold. Be yourself and stand out like you were meant to.

11. Fair does not exist, and it never will

Life is not fair nor will it ever be fair. If you aren't the lucky one, work harder and make it happen without complaining.

12. You can't do everything in life alone

Relationships with people are what get you through everything. You need friends and trusted people to lean on sometimes.

13. Soak up every moment, and get off your phone

You can't experience something while filming it. You need to make the memory in your head, not on the screen.

14. Stop comparing yourself to others if you want to find your self-worth

You have to look at yourself and cherish the parts of you that are unique. Don't look at what others have and think you need that. You need what you already have.

15. Learn how to balance work and play

All work and no play makes for a dull life. Balance how much you put into work and how much time you leave for fun.

16. Be easy on yourself, you're doing your best

We are our own worst critics. Go easy on yourself when you know you're doing everything you can. Sometimes you just need time to work its magic.

17. Never leave something left unsaid

If you want to tell someone you like their top, do it. If you want to say you love someone, do it. There's no reason to wait.

18. If you make a mistake, focus on fixing it

Don't focus on the mistake itself, focus on how you're going to fix it. You can always achieve something another way so don't feel down about not succeeding right away.

19. Make your actions louder than your words

Doing is more powerful than saying. Just do it, and stop saying you will tomorrow or the next day.

20. Make time for your own needs every once in a while

You deserve your own attention. Give yourself what you want. Focus on what you need to be happy.

This life advice is not meant to be heard and ignored. Take it to heart, and really start living the life you want to by controlling your own thoughts and emotions. I hope these pieces of advice hit home and make you question how you're living. Change is hard to implement, but once we make that leap, we always end up much happier and a lot healthier.