Why You Should Live And Let Go Already

Why You Should Live And Let Go Already

Drama is hard to deal with, but letting go is even harder.

25
Why You Should Live And Let Go Already
Style Arena

“All my life they let me know, how far I would not go, but inside the beast still grows, waiting, chewing through the ropes. Who are you to change this world? Silly Boy! No one needs to hear your words. Let it go.” -Carnivore, Starset

It’s easy for someone to be able to tell when they have had enough. Honestly, I’ve had enough. I’ve had enough of watching not only myself, but those I care about be in pain. In this case not pain of disease, death, or any of that kind. It is pain brought by other people. It is pain brought by those who are selfish, ignorant, lack empathy; are cold, calculating, manipulative, disrespectful-- I could continue this list for pages if I wanted to.

I have encountered so many people with so many of those traits, it’s sickening. I have tried my damndest to forgive them, but it’s not that easy anymore. When they continue to escalate the issue after you have tried to end it, its infuriating. So, for these next couple of minutes, I’m saying screw forgiveness, forget feelings, and abandon morals, I’m saying how I really feel. The saddest part out of all of it? It didn’t have to come to this.

If you love someone why would you cheat on them? I would absolutely LOVE to hear one good reason for cheating on someone that you “love”. Sounds like true love to me... backstabbing and sleeping with another person, that’s relationship goals. If you never actually loved the person, that’s a whole different scenario in itself, but how are you going to tell that person you are devoted to them and that you love them, and then go behind their back on the daily and think nothing of it?

Love is not a toy, and it’s certainly not the joke you are treating it as. That person is pouring every moment of their existence out to you, and you are turning your head and laughing at them. So, you go and cheat on that person maybe once, twice, maybe five times? If that’s your idea of love, I can promise you no one wants it.

There are people in today’s century busting their ass to be romantic in a hopeless hook-up culture, and then there is you, spitting on everything the word commitment could possibly mean. You should probably look up the word commitment anyway; if you cheat on someone who adores you, you clearly have no clue what it means.

Empathy and love go hand in hand. Having empathy is one of the most important things you need in any kind of relationship or friendship. Understanding how you feel when put in another’s position is vital.

Unfortunately, there are those who lack empathy, the ones who yell and scream and cry when things don’t go their way. These people are naturally selfish and only think of what’s best for them and their own happiness and do not care what your current situation is; if they want you to be at a certain place or do a certain thing, you better do it or you are going to get an earful.

They won’t care how you feel or what you are going through, it’s about what they want.

It’s a shame that you're swamped with work and have a lot of things mentally going on and you're seconds away from a breakdown, because if you don’t go with that person to the place they want RIGHT now, you will be told how ignorant you are, how much of an uncaring, terrible person you are. Just because that person is blind to your problems, YOU are the one in the wrong.

Even if you tell them why you are acting the way you are, chances are they still won’t care. They will still be upset because one thing didn’t go their way. One. Little. Thing.

Have you ever had someone tell you something and then completely go back on their word? Stings, doesn’t it? I’m not one to directly talk behind people's backs unless absolutely forced to. Someone once told me that they hope the best for me and care way too much to ever say or do anything to wrong me.

Who would have thought a couple of weeks later, some not so nice rumors had spread and a certain not-so-nice name was being used to describe me. That really showed how much you cared. You cared so much that you tried to turn some of my best friends against me! I meant so much to you that you wished the worst for me. My heart is so touched.

Guess what I did? Held true to my word of never talking bad about you, something that you clearly had no intent of doing. Boy was I stupid to even consider staying truthful. If I knew how little you cared, I wouldn’t have cared either.

But there I was, locked in a position where I felt inclined to hold my word because deep down I still cared, I still cared about the person who wished I didn’t exist.

You said you thought you were in love with me. You followed those words up with backstabbing, lying, and hate-filled words. Your version of love was like a venomous snake, you bit everything you wanted to poison to try to harm me.

You tried to turn an army of sheep against me by playing the victim and creating fallacies after telling me you would never do such a thing. News flash: that army of sheep can’t step up to a lion and his pride. While your sheep friends would listen to everything said to them and believe it like it was etched in stone, my people knew the truth.

My people actually give a damn about me and who I am as a person. The sheep you turned on me won’t speak to you ever again in a year. Go ahead and continue to be a keyboard warrior on twitter and share posts about how you “feel”-- is that really how you actually feel? Or is that how you WANT people to think how you feel?

You still play the victim card, and still mud-sling every second you get; it’s so predictable at this point. Your attempts at throwing shade-- just do yourself a favor and stick to being direct. I can tell your co-authors had a hand in it and it is not passible, its laughable. I have no doubt in my mind you will continue your ways because people like you won’t stop, but I’ll be here smiling and laughing.

I’m your biggest cheerleader at this point. So, go running back to your circle and scramble to figure out your next move, I’ll be waiting with my score cards ready. I'll also make sure to smile and wave when we see each other. I have to give you something to work with after all.

Speaking of using social media-- this is ironic, I know. Ever get tired of that person that always posts about negative things? Look, we all do it. I’ve done it a couple of times, but every day, all the time?

Grow up, man up, and go out and fix your problems in the real world. Hiding behind a screen your whole life will get you nowhere. Life is hard, pick yourself up and move on; dwelling on it will only make it worse. You are not the center of the universe, and everyone is going through something, a lot of the time something much much worse and not anywhere near as petty as a break-up.

You wonder why you lost people the way you did when all you ever did was trash others and spread your opinion places it was not needed. Also, writing a rap album that is basically a narcissistic diss-track won’t help your case either. Live your life through experiences not hashtags, kids.

This blown-out-of-proportion rant is coming to an end, I promise. You only have one more paragraph to get through... so grab some more popcorn and hunker down. The biggest thing to pull from my rage-filled mess of an article is to avoid drama and don’t start drama. Drama is toxic and causes so many problems.

Almost every single issue I raved about was all drama. I have had enough of drama and had enough of fake people and people who can’t let things go. Life is too short to be caught up in drama and hatred. Life is also too stacked against you to be able to win all the time; you are going to face hardship. Life is tough, but so are you.

Don’t be like me and resort to lashing out and being angry over petty nonsense, rise above and let go.

The friends who trashed every decision you made? Let it go.

The girl is who too blind to notice she had stolen your heart? Let it go.

The people that trash your dreams? Let it go.

Let go of all of it.

You’ll find your peace one day. Learn to let go and love life.

Life isn’t a game, we only have one life and no restarts. It's your job to make yourself happy and do what is right by you. Make your own decisions and be happy. Love yourselves for who you are and despite all the people trying to tear you down and cause you problems, smile more my friends.