A Letter To The Man That Never Stopped Trying

Have you ever had someone in your life that's always been there for you? That's always gone the extra mile for you? Don't forget to thank them.

55
Ashleigh lemelin

I want to thank you for always seeing the good in me. You came into my life when I wasn’t looking for someone to be with. I was only looking for a friend and you were there. You spent all of your extra time with me and let me show you new things. That seemed to be a challenge for me since you did not like trying new things. I never back down from a challenge, though by now you know that.

You showed me that I could be happy on my own. That I didn’t need anyone else in my life in order to be happy. You taught me to believe in myself and acknowledge the good traits about myself. You taught me to be more confident in my own skin, regardless of what others have said to me in the past. You taught me that it isn’t about the quantity of friends, but instead the quality of them. You have been and always will be a quality friend to me. You have allowed me to flourish and become what I needed to, all while being in love with me. You never pressured me to fall for you or to be with you.

You know that traveling and adventure are two very important things to me. You’ve never objected to a road trip or going new places with me. However, you have objected to trying new foods, but somehow, I’ve always won that battle. Between betting on horses, eating sushi and driving to Syracuse for a light show, you’ve always been ready to go. You’ve fed into my energy and allowed me to show you who I am.

Your patience has been incredible. You never tried to rush me or make me want to be with you. You wanted to let things happen naturally. You allowed me to do my own things but made your feelings known. You always put in 110% effort to try and make me happy. You never made me wait for you either. If we had plans, you’d be there, probably early. You chose places to take me for dinner and small outings. We’ve had plenty of fun doing simple things together.

You waited patiently for me to come around. You knew that you wanted to be with me but waited for me to be ready. You allowed me to get to know you first. I was able to become comfortable with you before making a commitment. You never stopped trying with me. You never gave up treating me like a princess. Still to this day I get the royal treatment. I don’t know how you do it, day in and day out.

Thank you will never be enough to show my gratitude for all that you've done. I hope that over time you will see just how thankful I am.