A Letter To Seniors Going Into Their Final Summer

You're gonna miss this.

268
YouTube

Dammit, you’re almost there. You’re probably thinking that this year, your final year of high school, has flown by, and you can’t believe it’s all almost over. You probably catch yourself reminiscing a lot about the past four years you’ve spent in those long hallways, in that gym, on that field or on that stage. Graduation is right around the corner; it’s a very exciting time of year.

Also looming in your thoughts of graduation is the promise of summertime. While you should be thrilled about this coming summer, I advise you proceed with caution: this is the summer that everything will begin to change. After this one, summer will never be the same.

Don’t get me wrong, enjoy those beach days, July 4th festivities, concerts, lazy days, and of course, graduation parties (arguably the best part of this summer). Those are some of the best days of your young life; I encourage you to love every minute of it. It’s going to fly by, though, and your life is going to be altered whether you like it or not. Take it from someone who lived it.

In high school, I had a large friend group. People who were always there, essentially from freshman to senior year. I lost a lot of them along the way, as I myself got lost in the newness of the college experience. It’s a very exciting and nerve-wracking time. Now, the friends who truly matter, the ones who are meant to be in your life will stick around. I guarantee it. Those are your forever friends.

Summer will still be absolutely wonderful, don’t get me wrong. Just make sure you make the most of these next few months. Love every minute of it, for this is truly your last dose of the high school experience. Have as much fun as the world offers you; do something extraordinary! You’ll always remember this summer, and that’s a promise.