A Letter To My High School Self

A Letter To My High School Self

You are stronger than you know.

16
A Letter To My High School Self
google images

I'm writing this in my freshman dorm at college. You made it to your dream school. A nice size, a place where you are able to pursue your dreams, and full of amazing people. You will be happy here. I promise that all of those nights being full of questions about the world and what you want to do with your life will never go away. But you will quickly discover where your heart is, and figure out who you are. God will tell you all of a sudden to go for it. To move out of state and take a risk. And you won't hesitate, because that's just who you are. Your determination and motivation will get you through high school, it just takes patience.

Stop trying to rush your life. Let God be in more control and just relax. One day, a lot of these high school issues won't matter. I know it sucks that he broke up with you, and that one girl doesn't try to be friends with you anymore. I know life is just a confusing mess, but I also know exactly how much you truly are enjoying it, and how you will overcome everything.

During your senior year, you will meet the love of your life and you will give him your whole heart. Your entire summer after high school will be spent making timeless memories with him, and you will experience real love. He will treat you the way you have always deserved, and will take care of your heart better than anybody. Be patient for him and don't try looking for your future husband as a freshman in high school. God will bring him to you when the time is right.

You will meet some magnificent friends in high school, and sometimes that's the only time some people are in your life for. It is going to be tough witnessing the people you were close to slip away, but God brought them in and out of your life for a reason. You have your whole life to meet people, so just enjoy their presence while you guys are friends. You are going to be in college and think of those amazing people every single day. The way they helped you grow up and become who you are. Those memories will never fade, even when the people you made them with do. And I know you are worried about meeting friends in college, but you'll literally make friends on move in day.

I know that you worry a lot. You tell yourself that you aren't good enough. Your anxiety gets the best of you sometimes, and you have to make up excuses to not hang out with people just because of it a lot of the time. I have realized that it's not something that is negative. It just proves how big your heart is, and your strength. Your anxiety will always be there, but God will guide you to be the extrovert you have always been, and you will rarely spend time alone. And I am so proud of you because I know that some days you have to pick yourself up from the bottom. But you truly are strong, and I know that is your favorite thing to hear.

Life will always be rough, but you have so much to look forward to. Live in the moment, and stop thinking so hard. Enjoy those sleepovers, nights spent performing on your high school's stage, and every single person you encounter. Enjoy growing up and learning lessons. I look back on high school now and overall count it as some of the best years of my life. The good outweighs the bad, and your positive mindset will never fail you.

Live and give it your all. You are truly only young once. Rushing your life is only going to bring unrealistic expectations to your mind. Challenge yourself everyday, and keep living out your passions and talents.

I am proud of how much you will grow up, and you will be proud of yourself one day. I promise.