Letter From The Writer

Letter From The Writer

Hi. Hello. Welcome to my Odyssey experience.

3
Letter From The Writer

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all you millennials,

Thanks for opening up this article! Whether you’re reading this article in your office/classroom pretending that you're actually doing work or you're lying in bed reading this, face illuminated by the dull glow of your phone screen (which, by the way, is super bad for your REM cycle), I totally appreciate you.

Well, you’re reading this for a reason, which is to find out more about me! I’m bad at talking about myself. Seriously, I flounder in interviews and anytime a dating app asks me to “describe myself,” I normally just say my height and some self-deprecating joke (i.e. my bumble profile says "I’m 5’11. I’m garbage, you’re garbage, let’s be trash together").

But I’ll give it a go. My name is Mary, Mary Rose as every person from my childhood still insists on calling me. I’m a 23-year-old Admission Counselor for my Alma Mater; if you’re ever confused about what an admission counselor does, it can be simplified into saying I am a professional judger of high school students. When I’m not working, you can catch me binge-watching Netflix, constantly searching for a good yoga studio, traveling, eating tons of junk food, hanging with animals, or wandering around a book store. I love to try new beauty tricks, but I’m rarely good at them. I’m the opposite of a domestic goddess and I’ve only ever turned the oven on in my apartment once (spoiler alert: the smoke alarm went off and I never got to eat those pizza bagels). I have tried most dating apps at least once but I’m like emotionally stunted when it comes to dating so I always win at No Date November.

I’m a major goofball and I like people to know that about me. Corny pick-up lines and bad jokes really just tickle me pink. I’ll dance around the room and do high kicks if I’m really excited. Fridays in the office I do one roughly every 10 minutes. I like to sing and sometimes I’m even pretty OK at it. Most of this could also be due to my ADHD, but I think it makes me more interesting and totally fun to be around.

I became a content Creator for Odyssey because I think it’s such an amazing opportunity to be able to share some of my stories and thoughts with other millennials. It’s pretty cool to be able to be the voice of a generation. I’m not a super serious person, I like to be fun and sarcastic and my articles will probably be the same way. I want to share some fun experiences I have and hopefully connect with other people who enjoy that as well.

I can’t wait to have some fun and wreak some havoc with the Odyssey Community!

Peace and Love.

Mary

P.S. That's me up there! Because, who doesn't love a good selfie?