To My Friends From My Freshman Year Of College

Freshman year of college is by far one of the most interesting and memorable experiences a person can have. With its fair share of ups and downs, what makes the experience so memorable is the people that surround it. College is unique in that people are constantly coming in and out of your life, yet those who stick around make a huge impact on your life in such a short amount of time. This letter is to the people that have created that impact in my own life.

To the wonderful friends I have made this year-

I cannot thank you enough for the overwhelming fun and genuine happiness you have brought into my life this past year. Freshman year of college has been such a blessing because of the unique and remarkable friendships I have developed with each of you.

Coming into this year, I found myself to be quite scared of the future ahead of me, and what was to come of the dreams and aspirations I had set my mind on. The confidence you have instilled in me is something that is irreplaceable and makes me much stronger in my convictions.

Through the tears, the late night talks and the guitar sessions, you have become my second family. There's absolutely no way I could've survived endless Chem test failures, multiple trips to Wardenburg and late nights without you. Whenever I need to cry or rant about something going on in my life, you gave me the clarity to see my situation from a different perspective, and have expanded my thinking as a result.

You have provided me with endless amounts of food (cmon guys stop making me gain the freshman 15), laughter and fun. I'll always cherish our many adventures together, like hiking in Chataqua instead of studying for midterms, going out to weird house parties hosted by the cycling team, and going to the X Games in Aspen. Thank you for always laughing at my bad jokes and making each day great. It's a lot harder to have a bad day when I'm surrounded by such amazing people.

The friendships we have formed is something that makes leaving you so much harder. Saying goodbye and going back home today has been truly bittersweet, yet I wouldn't change it for the world. The sadness felt from leaving you for the summer is overwhelming, yet I feel as though come August, we will be right back to where we started.

You have created such joy in my life that I never knew I needed, and I am so thankful for your friendship.I can assure you that the person I am today, leaving the dorms for the last time, is most definitely not the same person walking in because of you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

Thank you for being such wonderful friends and making my freshman year of college one of the best years of my life!

Sincerely,

Allison