An Open Letter To My Long Distance Best Friend

I am so thankful to call you my best friend.

132

Thank you for always being there for me.

Thank you for always being a phone call away.

Thank you for making me smile when times were hard.

Thank you for always giving out hugs.

Thank you for being a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your family.

Thank you for loving me.

Thank you for being here through thick and thin.

I am so thankful for the countless vacations that we have been on.

I am so thankful for the memories that we have created with each other.

I am so thankful for the many school events that we have attended together.

I am so thankful that I have you in my life.

I am so thankful to know that I will always have you.

I am so thankful that the distance has not separated us.

The distance has only strengthened our relationship.

Every time we get together, it's like we never left.

We pick up right where we left off.

Although we text all the time, seeing each other in person is so much better.

Or those phone calls just to vent about how someone pissed us off.

I am so thankful that our busy schedules still allow us to talk.

Looking back to our days in middle school and then to high school and now college. We have gone through so much together. Cried together. Made so many memories together. And the memories are still coming. And I hope they never stop. Even when we graduate and get real jobs. And once we have real jobs, we will call each other complaining about how much we hate this person and how we don't want to go to work in the morning. And I hope the memories don't stop when we get old either.

I know that no matter how many miles apart we are that we will always be best friends.

Who would have thought that over the past twelve years that our relationship would be to where it is now. Basically sisters.

I know that distance will never tear us apart.

I know that you will always be there for me.

I know that through thick and thin you are here.

You are like the sister I never had.

I was able to get a bigger family out of your family.

And that is something I am so thankful for.

I am so thankful that my best friend is now family.