As an unproductive student stuck in quarantine, I have already completed quite a few television series during this time of isolation. From sitcoms to documentaries, the list of shows I always told myself to watch is beginning to dwindle. After viewing my fair share of dramas, I decided it was time to embark on another comedy. That's when I came to the ultimate decision to start a series I should have began long ago: Fresh Off the Boat.
The show follows the lives of a Taiwanese family in the peak of the 1990s. With two perfectionist sons and one obsessed with hip-hop and baggy pants, the Huang family must balance their roles as immigrants in the United States with running a cowboy-themed restaurant. The cast features actors like Golden Globe nominee Constance Wu and the iconic Randall Park. I learned to laugh, I learned to cry, and I learned to survive quarantine with the help of the Huangs' life lessons.
1. Things Can Get Tough
Quarantine isn't easy, and it's okay to let yourself recognize that life is difficult right now.
2. We're All Doing What We Can to Survive
Telling yourself "just one more week of isolation" might be unrealistic, but it can help you get through it in the moment.
3. It's Okay to Show Your Real Emotions
If you're angry or unhappy with the situation at hand, talk about it. Others are probably feeling the same way and can help you get through it.
4. Take Advantage of Your Resources
Don't forget to look at the sales in the grocery store to keep you afloat during this time of financial uncertainty.
5. Celebrate Your Accomplishments, No Matter How Small
Changed out of your pajamas? Ate an actual meal instead of a third bowl of cereal? You're killing it.
6. Reach Out to the People You Care About
We may not be able to physically hang out with our loved ones, but we can still connect with them.
7. When in Doubt, Dance it Out
Take a tip from Eddie and use this time to practice your moves. Once this is all over, you can break them out for the world to admire.
We will get through this together, especially if we have Netflix and Hulu on our sides.
- Why Representation In Children's Media Matters ›
- Why Representation In The Media Matters ›
- 31 Halloween Episodes on Netflix & Hulu Perfect for Spooky Season. ›
- Why Representation In Television And Movies Matters ›
- 7 Of The Best Holiday Episodes On Television ›
- Why 'Crazy, Rich Asians' Is So Important For Hollywood ›
- Thank You 'Fresh Off The Boat' For Being The Representation I ... ›
- Fresh Off the Boat - Trailer - YouTube ›
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' series finale: The ABC sitcom fell short of its ... ›
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' Canceled After Six Seasons at ABC – Variety ›
- Fresh Off the Boat canceled: Constance Wu, Randall Park sitcom to ... ›
- 'Fresh Off The Boat' Series Finale: Groundbreaking Sitcom Says ... ›
- Fresh Off the Boat (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb ›
- Fresh Off the Boat - Wikipedia ›
- Watch Fresh Off The Boat TV Show - ABC.com ›