Legality Should Not Be A Framework Of Innocence
Politics

I wish my last name was Clinton.

11

We have all made mistakes in our life. Mistakes that had consequences that were not intended.Even so, we try our hardest to own up to them and face the consequences, whether it be driving too fast to see a kid run out into the street, drinking too much that we make stupid decisions, or carelessly sending emails on an unsecure server.Yes, we are talking about Hillary Clinton.Most of what is provided below is an assessment of FBI director James Comey’s speech to the public, addressing the conclusion of the investigation.

Most recently, presidential nominee Hillary Clinton had been cleared of any wrong doing involving using her private email server to send and receive classified information.Her actions may have been legal, but history has proven time and time again to us that the term “legal” is by no means a proper way to justify one’s actions.Most of those reading this understand and have their own opinions as to what they think Hillary had intended to have happened.What is most definitive is that Hillary knowingly used an unsecure server to send classified information.The total amount of emails deleted is around 33,000.This included personal emails and emails deemed classified by any “agency” which received them.These agencies have yet to be named.This alone is frightening.This alone should make her followers question how such actions went unpunished.

FBI director James Comey stated that the location in which the emails were located was not considered to be a secure location, and it was known that the possibility of classified information being sent and received through that server was highly “possible”.To be exact, Director Comey stated that “from the group of 30,000 emails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 email chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information that was top secret at the time they were sent” (Comey).Hilary sent and received more than a handful of classified information to said agencies from a knowingly unsecure server.This also is, by Comey’s words, careless.

To argue against the idea that all work related emails that Hilary sent to the State Department were reviewed, Director Comey stated “It is also likely that there are other work-related emails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all emails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery” (Comey).This means that it’s possible there were work related emails, possibly classified emails that were deleted and may never see the light of day.Judging from what FBI director Comey has said so far, does the simple excuse of not intending for it to happen really clear Hillary for what she did? No, it does not. She may not have intended hostiles to gain access to classified documents, but if it had happened, she would be liable to an appropriate punishment.Comey also states in his speech that “There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position…should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation” (Comey).Comey implies that if any one who participated in similar acts in Clinton’s position would have been punished.Most Hilary supporters will look past this and still support her, just like Trump supporters will look past his vulgar language. Those same people who now support Hillary mostly supported Bernie when he was at his prime, and he campaigned around the idea that the top 1% get away with crimes all the time due to their financial status.

Hilary fits that narrative perfectly, based on what Comey concluded in his speech and what he and the FBI found during the investigation.This provides evidence that people just like Hillary get away with crimes without punishment, yet are still supported by voters.Yes, she may not have meant for anything to happen, but she should still be held accountable for her careless actions as Secretary of State.