You Know You're In College When...

You Know You're In College When...

Because we've all been through this.

233
You Know You're In College When...
Google.com

I've learned a thing or two about college. From the importance of naps and coffee, I've concluded that anything is possible. At times you feel like dropping out, but eventually, you realize that you can survive. Here are some undeniable signs that you're a college student.

1. Your outfit on campus either looks like this:

OR

This (especially if you have 8 a.m.'s Monday through Friday):

Don't worry. No one is judging you, except everyone totally is, you just can't hear their thoughts. We've all been there at some point in our college careers.

Whether we want to admit it or not.

2. When classes open up during your time slot:

Ready? FIGHT!! No, seriously. It turns into a scene from the Hunger Games. Between people asking you to "hold" a class for them to staying glued to your computer til THAT TIME rolls around. And you're still not guaranteed that you'll get all the classes you needed.

Sorry.

3. Finals week looks a lot like this:

Need I say more?

4. We've all made THIS face:

Especially, when we forgot about the homework assignment we were supposed to do before class. "Wait that was due? I thought it was due two weeks from now?!"

NOPE! It was due last night at 11:59 AM.

5. When the Commons has your favorite food.

Just something about "Fried Chicken Thursdays" just gets me through the week. Especially after a rough day. But is that line worth it? ...Yep, totally worth it.

They better not run out of mac and cheese though.

6. "Wellness Class" is a THING.

You thought you were done with GYM class after high school? HA! That's a good one. Yeah, no, GYM is still a graduation requirement even in college. Gotta work off that "Freshmen 15" somehow, right?

Remember, no pain no gain!

7. Coffee becomes your best friend (just don't burn your tongue).

Ah, coffee, the sweet nectar of the academic Gods. How could we function without it? If you're like me, you can't. Seriously. I bet half of us couldn't even make that long trek across campus without visiting our local Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. But seriously... Don't talk to me unless I've had my coffee.

And don't forget to tip your barista.

8. You nap. ALL. THE. TIME.

College students have a class schedule. And then we have a nap schedule. You've got two hours between Biology and Sociology? Perfect! You have time to fit in a nap. Tired after leg day at the gym? Take a power nap in the library - no one will judge you. Mid-way through the year, your whole day starts to revolve around when you can nap.

Why did I ever think nap-time was a bad thing again?

9. You get excited when you see a dog on campus -- especially multiple dogs.

Let’s face it – dogs can brighten anyone’s day (unless you’re allergic - then maybe not). But the best thing about dogs is that they're always excited to see people, even if they don't know them! In fact, sometimes I think we're way more excited to see them than they are to see us.

Point in case, college students LOVE dogs.

10. You can't avoid giving your money to Greek Life Organizations. They're just too nice.

I'll be the first to admit this -- and I'm in a sorority. Greek Life Organizations pull you in like a black hole -- but remember it's for charity. There isno escaping. I mean how can you say no? It goes to a good cause, right? And they have ice pops and cute stickers!

FORGET YOUR SELFISH STARBUCKS ADDICTION, SHARON! FORK IT OVER!

11. Trying to negotiate with your professor about your grade and their face looks like this.

Wait, only five points from an A in Chem? Do I really need this kidney? Please! Change my grade - I beg of you! Well, you should've thought about that before skipping half the semester to sleep-in. But in all seriousness... Professors are humans too, guys. I know that sounds cheesy but they really do want us to succeed in life. Most of them at least.

Just try to stay on your professor's good side. It can make or break your final grade.

12. "But do I really need this?" No. No, you don't.

We’re college students. Correction: Broke college students. And I can guarantee every one of us is on some form of a budget. Suddenly we become a little more cautious about the things we spend money on. That Kate Spade you’ve been drooling over online for the past few weeks? You don’t need it! My advice for incoming college freshmen would be to stay away from online shopping as much as you can – it’s a trap. Your bank account drops to zero faster than you think. Trust me, you will thank me.

13. When you have a question and your professor says: "It's in the syllabus" -- which you didn't read.

14. The word "free" is up there with unicorns and no student loan debt.

You hear the word "free" and you start to overanalyze and question everything. Because let's face it: NOTHING in this world is free. Plus, again, we're all broke college students. I mean the only free things in college are napkins, condoms from the health clinic, and the occasional treat being handed out by a sorority sister. Maybe if you're lucky someone will swipe you into the Commons?

15. When you see the incoming groups of freshmen and their families on campus tours:

Quick, run for your lives! Kidding. College is great. Or is it? I mean aside from the crippling anxiety, the mass amounts of stress, and obscene lack of sleep... College is pretty awesome.

16. You've binge-watched everything on Netflix and Hulu -- now what?

More often than not we find ourselves staying up way too late, just to watch "one more episode" of a certain show. We just get sucked in and soon it gets to the point where finding a new show to watch becomes the ultimate struggle because you've seen them all. First world problems am I right? So what's next? We either wait for a new season, move onto something else, or watch re-runs.

17. Public transportation can be a real life-saver. Sometimes.

Unless you're in a rush. Then the bus driver has to conveniently get off the bus and magically teleport to Narnia. Or they're just going to the restroom, getting a snack from the vending machine, or talking to another bus driver.

18. We've all heard these words once at the beginning of the semester.

Especially during syllabus week.

19. You procrastinate.

And procrastinate. TIME AFTER TIME.

Especially on that English paper that you really should be doing. But even diamonds are created under pressure, right? Keep telling yourself that. Just make sure the due date isn't midnight.

20. Waking up for morning classes feels impossible (Especially 8 AMs).

We've all been there. You decided to pull an all-nighter to study, you got sucked into another Netflix binge, your sorority sister/frat brother/friend "made you go" to that party. Case in point: Morning classes suck. Especially if attendance is mandatory.

21. Attending class is mandatory.

Yes, shocker, some professors actually take attendance every class. Some departments even make it mandatory now (at least at my university). But don't even think about signing for one of your friends. The threat of an automatic F will squander that idea real fast. But if your professor is late for an extended period or its a rare "no attendance sheet day" - RUN. And if you are late hopefully you don't have to do the "walk of shame" to your seat.

22: You've contemplated dropping out at least once a semester.

Don't do it. It may seem like a good idea at the time - but it's not.

23. All the parking spots in your assigned lot are taken.

Your toast got burnt. You forgot to print off your assignment. You're late to class, again.

24. Group projects are still a thing.

Why? No one knows. Well, we do but still...

25. Your professor after the fifth time they've said, "Please put your phones away."

*groan*

26. The day after finals is a gift.

Relax, you've earned it.