How You Know You Found The One

How You Know You Found The One

Finding the "one" has always been the big question on everyone's mind.

958
How You Know You Found The One
Zoe Neilson

"I feel like everything in my life has led me to you. My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets. Everything. And when we're together, my past seems worth it. Because if I had done one thing differently, I might have never met you."

When you look back on your past, many see heartbreak, some see regrets, but I see both. The person I used to be wasn't who I really wanted to be. The person I know I'm supposed to be is the person I am when I'm with you. You make me a better person, you have shaped me into who I'm meant to be. I could never thank you enough for being my one and only.

I know I've found the one because I still get butterflies whenever you're around. Still, after seven months, you make them flutter in my stomach. My smiles are brighter and my laughs are stronger. The memories I've made with you are more than I've made in a lifetime. You're my other half, the peanut butter to my jelly, my missing puzzle piece.

I know you're my one and only because as broken as I am, you still see me with such light. You still see the best in me, when all I've shown is my worst. You are my light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. Even though my past has had nothing but darkness, you always find the shimmering light within it. You are the light to my dark, my white to my black, and the ying to my yang.

I know I'll marry you one day because my future has never seemed brighter. You have given me hope on days I feared there was none. Given me strength and courage to keep going, when all I wanted to do was give up. Lifted me up and showed me that I do have a purpose. You are my rock, my Jiminy cricket, and my soul confidant.

I know you're him because my family adores you, and you in turn love them. As crazy as they are, you still lovingly accept every quirky thing about them. The heart you have is golden, and the love you give is everlasting. Thank you, for finding me and being my one.