I Kept A Secret From You

I Kept A Secret From You

The joke's on you.

15
I Kept A Secret From You
Lexy Elias

Carson,

You know me better than anyone else. So you know that my biggest flaw is that I am awful at keeping secrets, but for the past week, I've kept one. The joke is on you.

Last Tuesday I woke up to a message from your mother, who I am so grateful for. Would you like to know what she said? She said, "Hi Ashley. Sorry to wake you if you're not up. I wanted to see if there was a weekend we could come down on a Friday night and come home on Sunday. We'd get a hotel room and probably bring Maddie. I haven't told Carson but want to surprise him. What do you think?"

I won't lie; at first when I read it, I thought she wanted me to come up, and there was no way that would have been possible right now. But, that's not what she said.

For the past week, I've been keeping this from you. The other night when I wanted to FaceTime after work, but ended up not being able to, I was going to tell you about this trip that your mom and I had been planning. The other night when Ashley mentioned "when you come down," and added "for spring break or winter break," she was trying to cover it up. That's why you got muted, because I had to explain that you still didn't know.

So why am I saying the joke's on you? This is because you are coming and getting to see me way sooner than you thought. I bet you would like to know when you're coming to see me. September 23 through the 25 your family will be coming to see me. All of my friends have known that you're coming to see me soon.

Please don't be mad at us, we did it for you. I hope you enjoy your surprise.

See you soon,

Your girl.